Thread: diesel tune

Tuner in Training

diesel tune

expressfuel.png duramaxfuel.pngim just curious as to why everyone has to run their own tables for timing through the calculator? if someone has lets say a 2005 lly why couldn't he make a tune, and then other people with a 2005 lly use it? as far as ls1 tuning ive used other peoples tunes as a guide line and they were very close to working perfect. hand held flash tunes I assume use the same tune for every truck?! maybe im wrong

I have a 2006 chevy express lly and for some reason when I run my numbers through the calculator they don't come out right. my main concern is the base fuel pressure table... you can see mine starts out at 33 34 48 then 0 5 10 ect where the dmax truck is 0 5 10 ect... I tried copying just my table from 0 up but tha didn't work either. ill attach my stock tune and the start of my 20/20 but I didn't save the timing table because it was so far off when trying to use the calculator. I guess my biggest question is, is it because its a van compared to a truck or do I just suck and cant get the calculator to work?!

I loaded the timing tables from a duramax tune into my van and holy wow! that thing moved out way too much for its own good haha Im new to diesels and don't want to kill my van but it seems like if my motor is just a detuned version of the truck why couldn't I run a stock truck tune? or atleast a truck tune with economy built in?

thanks! also attached the tune where I used a truck timing table.....

stock2006llyexpress.hptlly2020tune.hptextremellytuneexpress.hpt

Your table looks similar to the one in my 2007 LLY Kodiak. Couldn't find any similar tunes and just assumed the first three columns had something to do with the factory exhaust brake and I left them alone. I re-spanned the rest of the tables to match a LBZ tune and ran that through the calculator. It performs well and I'm happy with it.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply... ill see if anyone else chimes in and try to do a little more digging myself.

Tuner in Training
    lly2020tune.hptwell if anyone can run this through the calculator for me and get it to work, let me know... maybe post a screen shot or two?! I must be using the wrong tables or something....

Try this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Try this
    did you just select and multiply from 20mm3/1400rpm and up?? multiply it by what? or did you get the calculator to work??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 63chevy2lsx View Post
    did you just select and multiply from 20mm3/1400rpm and up?? multiply it by what? or did you get the calculator to work??

thanks
    I used the caculator

Here is what I used
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    well what the hell haha, at least I know it works and im just screwing it up! back to the drawing board... maybe ill post up my results and someone can chime in where I messed up.

Its a little confusing at first keep playing with it you will get it. Feel free to ask questions

Tuner in Training
    PWtune.png timingtune.png

that's what mine eventually looks like... and im not the type of person that's going to say just do the tune for me... I want to learn! I must be putting the wrong tables in.

Are you using the 06 lly-lbz tab (bottom of spreadsheet)

Tuner in Training
    yes... must have been fuel rail pressure or pulse width I didn't put in right because I used the example you posted and just plugged in the couple different timing tables and it seemed to work out. just loaded it and drove it. seems fine, I can tell its has a little bit crisper throttle response when just normal driving. WOT cant really tell too much of a difference but again im not going for a race van lol just want better economy but everyone likes a little more power! I calculated my last tank 17.7 mpg and I just filled up, so maybe in two weeks ill find out if this helped!

thanks, I might end up messaging you if I run into any trouble, I appreciate the help!