Thread: 2 questions about video res and file transfer

Potential Tuner

2 questions about video res and file transfer

I used the free version of TrackAddict to record several 30 minute run sessions. My Android camera is 720 resolution. The TrackAddict setup screen has a bar showing video memory and says below that, "xx minutes 720p". But the videos recorded from my sessions are labeled with the date, time and [SD]. And they don't look like HD. Why would that be?

Also, When I try to transfer the files from my phone to my PC using the free RaceRender 3.3 (File/Receive files over Network) and the Share function in TrackAddict the large ones fail at the 3GB point. I have one shorter session whose file size is about 2GB and it transfers just fine. Is that a built-in limit for the free version?

The "[SD]" just indicates that it is stored on your device's SD Card. To see what resolution a session's video was recorded in, tap the "Video" button and it will show something like "720p" on the screen (assuming that you have updated to version 3.1). The actual image quality of the video will be based on a combination of that resolution, your device's camera hardware, and the conditions during your recording.

There's no limit imposed on file sizes for the WiFi send feature, so what you're experiencing there is most likely either due to running out of storage space on your destination computer, or some interruption in your WiFi or network connectivity. An alternate approach would be to use a USB cable to connect it to your computer... The TrackAddict data will typically be in Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files/ of the "drive" that corresponds to your External or SD Card storage (depending on which location you used to store your session data).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    The "[SD]" just indicates that it is stored on your device's SD Card.
    Doh! What a dummy I am! And thanks for the file location path. I'll try that method.