Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 LFX Throttle Closing Please Read

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Jtrosky- "substantially" is a relative term. Many parts may be designed to handle 600lbft. Many may not. I could take an 89hp honda on a bone stock tune and bounce it off the rev limiter until it pops. LNF's stock dyno 230/230. On E47 they are around 420/420 reliably all day long with just a tune. There are several factors including how you treat the equipment.
    Understood - The reason I mentioned it is becuase you mentioned that the reason the coefficent tables aren't set to allow the throttle to open more is becuase of warranty reasons. I took that as meaning that this change is more likely to cause engine and/or trans problems becuase of that statement (assuming that the car was driven the same as it was without these modifications).

I understand that it won't always be the case, but it sounds like the chances of damage are higher if you do this - that's all that I'm saying (or trying to understand, I guess).

Thanks!

I think it's that and GM engineers either overcomplicating things or not understanding fully what they're doing. The latter was the case when they were working with the Bosch ecu. Their factory race ecu (i have a 2007 one) has a completely garbage tune. They had no idea how to properly tune it to even maintain boost. It also doesn't idle or run below 1800rpm. They were completely lost.

From looking at the vvt tables they still have some learning to do.

Still needing help, car left for california with the throttle closing just like it was in the files that i posted, I tried everything that codename bil doe suggested and concentrated on the driver demand per higgs boson posts, probably tried 25 different combinations with out much headway. Please would like some input at least to go in the right direction from one of the engineers. I have tuned the map but i think as good as this engine breathes, i am just missing something. Tim. V/M Racing,

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried maxing out the Peak Torque table (set all values to 6042)? I know that others have said that the values should be realistic according to actual engine torque, but I know someone that claimed that it allowed the throttle to open up earlier in the RPM range. I had it that way for a while and while it didn't cause any issues, I can't confirm if it allowed the throttle to open up fully earlier or not, since I didn't check for it at the time. I've since reduced the values to stock+20% becuase I wasn't trying to get max power from the car and others suggested that the values should be realalistic. But during regular driving, I didn't notice any difference.

It may be worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet...

Thanks for the reply. Tried that early on, Did not change a thing. Tim

I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

See pm's. Email me the tune with changes to your coefficients so I can compare versus stock. Also sende a log of wot with the new coefficients so I can compare effects to reported engine torque and any differences at tb open/close for airflow, rpm,and load.

Potential Tuner
    Has a workaround been found for this issue, I am dealing with it on two builds currently, a 2012 Camaro and a 15 Canyon truck we turbocharged. I can affect it but haven't fixed it.

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone confirmed how to fix this issue yet??

Any updates to the fix on this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    I have had to use this approach on the new ZO6's to get the throttle to open earlier to once boost has been increased, but only on the Manual cars. hadn't seen the issue on 8 speed auto 2015-16 ZO6's.... but I have had this problem on all 2012+ V6 Camaros. I would not recommend fudging the torque coefficients on an automatic car. The trans won't have the proper torque readings and will likely slip/fail.
    Thanks for u reply
    What table need to touch to achieve that?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 6328 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Tried that early on, Did not change a thing. Tim
    Have you Calibrated all torque coefficients Airmass Map DoD Airmass DoD Map etc ?these emus can be tricky but with proper calibration thru out all maps full throttle is achievable.