Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 C7 Procharger Tune car is running too lean

Tuner in Training

2014 C7 Procharger Tune car is running too lean

Hi guys read through the forum and tried the search tool but couldn't find an answer. Car is running too lean at WOT, adjusted Base SOI and Split EOI tables as commonly known.

Also working with the MAF tables but to no luck. The car has been on my dyno now for more than a week trying all solutions to fix this issue and get the fueling right before moving on to ignition tuning.

Please help.

Attached the last dyno run scan and the tune.

I tried almost all combinations to fix the SOI and EOI issue but still I'm getting almost the same results. Its getting too difficult for me to finish this, and when I am in this situation I know that I am missing something very stupid and once fixed I will be back on track.

I know that the MAF Table needs some TLC but at the moment I want it to run safe before I smooth the table out. I am only doing runs to 5500rpm at the moment as its getting too lean. I need an opinion from the experts to resolve this issue.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have the config file for the log?

Edit: tried it with my config and it doesn't look like you are logging fuel pressure?
    Last edited by LSChev; 11-13-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    looking at your file, here are some suggestions:

Fuel;

enable torque by rpm you have it zero'd I would return that to stock and lower it by 20/30%
    ramp in rate i would go for 2
    delat step make zero

make sure your TPS is 100% ETC 82 all the way

also under engine diagnoses

increase your airflow limits it may help

these torque based PCM's are not as simple. also please log fuel pressure actual psi/mpa
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    looking at your file, here are some suggestions:

Fuel;

enable torque by rpm you have it zero'd I would return that to stock and lower it by 20/30%
    ramp in rate i would go for 2
    delat step make zero

make sure your TPS is 100% ETC 82 all the way

also under engine diagnoses

increase your airflow limits it may help

these torque based PCM's are not as simple. also please log fuel pressure actual psi/mpa
    Hi Sultan,

Great to have a knowledgeable person this side of the world. I am totally new to these torque based tuning, and trying to get myself around these new variables.

Just a couple of questions, why should I return the Enable Torque to stock and then lower it by 20/30% how will that help compared to having it zero'd out now?
    For the Airflow Limits under Engine Diagnosis, which is the best way to increase these limits?
    Which PID is best to log for Fuel Pressure? and what should I keep an eye for and what to modify to get stable fuel pressure?

And a general question how much do you usually see the stock Fuel System supporting WHP wise, and what are the best ways to modify it. What I know now is that we can upgrade the fuel pump lobe on the cam with an aftermarket camshaft. But is this the best way to modify and whats after that when it is completely maxxed out.

I know these are alot of questions but the more answers I have the clearer the picture will be for me, and less questions I will have for the future.

BTW the car has already made 540whp (mustang dyno) and I am only revving it to 5800rpm.

Thanks,
    Saud

have you tuned VE?

Tuner in Training
    have you tuned VE?
    I still didnt go into VE tuning (nor SD Tuning), I am purely tuning MAF.

Tuner in Training
    have you tuned VE?
    Are you referring to the new Virtual VE Table on HPTuner Beta or the older BlueCat tool?

Quote Originally Posted by SaudAlQaydi View Post
    Are you referring to the new Virtual VE Table on HPTuner Beta or the older BlueCat tool?
    VE tuning is the same thing as SD. SD is MAP with no MAF. HPT VE Editor and Bluecat tool are two tools to accomplish the same task so it doesn't matter.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    VE tuning is the same thing as SD. SD is MAP with no MAF. HPT VE Editor and Bluecat tool are two tools to accomplish the same task so it doesn't matter.
    How can I force the ECM to go SD only without relying on the MAF. With older ECMs we were able to buy SD OS as an upgrade option from HPTuners but how is it possible now with the E92?

Same as it ever has been to trip

Oops on phone....same way you do it on the Gen 3/4 ECUs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Same as it ever has been to trip
    Please elaborate more.

Tuner in Training
    Guys,

Just to make things clear, I am tuning MAF only I know this is not that best method at the moment as it will be way smoother to tune VE then go back to MAF and tune the MAF.

For the time being I want to stick to MAF tuning alone. My question is related to the car running too lean at the moment, as soon as I am back in the shop I will try to log fuel pressure, but what PID (sensor) is best to do that. Also what happens after I log Fuel Pressure, is there any way of making it stable in case its falling at high rpm?

Final question is what power do you guys make on the C7s with a stock fuel system before you guys revert to Meth Injection, Aftermarket Camshaft fuel lobe, or Z06 Fuel Pump/Injectors?

Thanks,

Start with logging Desired rail pressure, rail pressure and fuel pressure. We won't know what changes to make until we see what it is doing.

Hard to say power exactly.. lots of different variables can impact this greatly. In canada, on our dyno we have seen 700 wheel on stock fuel system.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSChev View Post
    Start with logging Desired rail pressure, rail pressure and fuel pressure. We won't know what changes to make until we see what it is doing.

Hard to say power exactly.. lots of different variables can impact this greatly. In canada, on our dyno we have seen 700 wheel on stock fuel system.
    Thanks LSChev, will do that as soon as I hit the dyno.

Tuner in Training
    Guys,

Here you go I have finally logged Fuel Pressure, please ignore the first couple of seconds as the Dyno WB is connected to the exhaust so it took time to start reading as soon as I go to Sport/Track mode.

I am currently seeing only 6psi (4.00" Pulley) and with this amount of Ignition its making 540whp. Is there anything more that I can squeeze out of the engine, and what max ignition do you guys push the car to?

There is almost no knock retard, but keep in mind that I de-sensitized the knock sensor as it was seeing alot of False Knock. Which makes me lose confidence when tuning the Ignition Timing.

Car has a P1SC and 2" ARH. Everything else is stock - no thermostat at the moment or meth injection.

Looking forward to all your feedback, pretty excited to be honest.

Thanks.

WOT61.hpl

seems your like fuel pressure is nice and steady,

under engine diagnoses

can you adjust and raise airflow correlations as i am sure your above 50lb/min

What did the latest tune end up looking like? That MAF table is ROUGH looking in the first tune you posted. Though I don't know crap about gen 5's, it's probably better to at least smooth it out a few times so it isn't jumping up and down like crazy
    Last edited by schpenxel; 11-23-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Might be out of fuel. Had the same issue with ours and it was out of mechanical pump. We fixed it by swapping for the z06 pump and it was good to go. Made 700whp no problem

I just browsed over the log quickly and noticed you are targeting 11.7 under WOT/PE. A bit rich dont you think?