Thread: Cant get it started!!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training

Cant get it started!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
    I am new to this whole arena and basically seeing if what i am thinking could be correct or if I need to start looking elsewhere.
    I put a 6.2 l99 block with the lsa charger into my 66 c-10 p/u. I had the harness for a CTS-v made from current performance and was running the 6l80e. Now I eliminated the transmission computer because I am running a stand-alone for the transmission but I did splice together the communication wires so that my obd connector works. I have a local tuner here that works with these cars put in a basic tune to get the car started. At the time I didnt have my fuel system complete 100% so he put the program in based on what we had spoke about. I finished my rails and injectors and went to start it and nothing. If I use starting fluid it fires up no problem and will stay running as long as I keep the finger on the can. So i think it is getting a cam signal to fire injectors and keep timing, spark, electronic throttle works, etc, but I checked and have no injector pulse. He told me I must have a wiring problem. I am wondering if that is more a computer or program problem?
    I am running a return style system w a fuel cell, 90# injectors, aeromotive 1000 pump and currently have it set to 50 lbs. of pressure. i have an10 feed and return lines. Any help would be great.

One thing i was looking for, but didn't see in your explanation, was proof of fuel. Can you depress the schrader valve on the fuel rail and get fuel? Have you pulled a spark plug, and while cranking watch the opening to see if you get a a mist or even smell fuel coming out? There's a few scenarios that I've seen that could relate to your problem. In the event of the VATS system, your injectors are disabled, so you may need to check with your tuner that the VATS was disabled. I've read in a few places where people have had injectors act stuck after sitting for awhile. Some were able to just tap on the injectors to get them working again.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Tuner in Training
    yes I have fuel at the rail. I didn't pull the plug but I did use a noid light and have nothing. I have a pressure guage right before the return and that shows 50psi.

Tuner in Training
    What is the VATS system?

Tuner
    +2 for VATS. Im currently having issues turning off VATS on a 2013 ECU. Don't pull your hair out until you verify this first.

Tuner in Training
    These injectors were new and just sat 2 days until I installed the fuel rails. And if my car runs w starting fluid doesn't that mean its a fuel problem? I am new to car systems above 2000. There seems to be a lot more sensors but really most of those were eliminated with the "hot rod " harness I have. I really wanted this to be a simple project that seems now like a headache. I am pretty used to carbs.

Vehicle Anti Theft System
    ECM's look for a number from the BCM to verify nothing has been changed or "stolen". If the number doesn't match what is has on record or it can't find a BCM, it assumes the the vehicle has been stolen and initiates the VATS system, and disables the starter and fuel injectors. In a swap vehicle the starter will still work since people generally axe the stock relay-fuse block containing the starter/VATS circuitry and wire in the starter wire off the new implanted vehicle.
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Tuner in Training
    So the ECU is a 67 I think. From a 10 CTS-V LSA engine. New from Current performance w the stock tune in it modified for their harness and the sensors being used. I had him change it because of the injectors headers and pulley changes on the charger. Would he have to mess w Vatts or is the whole tune erased and a new tune required every time?

Tuner in Training
    Wow, that sounds like the ticket since the people from current performance were expecting to see the transmission computer. I basically have that by-passed right now so no signal from that computer at all? I did connect the wires for the OBD connector though off that harness though.
    Thanks for the help though this at least points me in the right direction.

Tuner in Training
    Is that something that he can disable w HP tuner to make the car into a stick shift with no BCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    Vehicle Anti Theft System
    ECM's look for a number from the BCM to verify nothing has been changed or "stolen". If the number doesn't match what is has on record or it can't find a BCM, it assumes the the vehicle has been stolen and initiates the VATS system, and disables the starter and fuel injectors. In a swap vehicle the starter will still work since people generally axe the stock relay-fuse block containing the starter/VATS circuitry and wire in the starter wire off the new implanted vehicle.
    Is that something that he can disable w HP tuner to make the car into a stick shift with no BCM?

Tuner in Training
    Just spoke with the tuner and he said that he has the vats off. Any other thoughts?

check for power at your fuel injector connector while some cranks it over.
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks will do tom and see what I got

I just did the Trans swap thing in my 2010 ss. Don't know how relevant this is, but after you connect the can data circuit wires you have to delete all Trans codes then under Transmission tab you need to change it to manual. See if he did that. You will get a recurring code for lost tcm communication but it starts

if you have VCM Scanner you can log Fuel Cut Type, which will tell you immediately if and why the ECM is cutting fuel.
    I count sheep in hex...