Thread: flash checksum validation failed

Tuner in Training

Angry flash checksum validation failed

tried to read my PCM for the first time and Im getting an error message. Flash checksum validation failed. I did a search and no results. Am I the first person this has happened to? Also, When connecting to my truck, I was not asked anything about using two of my 8 credits. According to the help files, I should have received a message asking me how i would like to License this vehicle, that didn't happen. I'm sure I'm overlooking something here, I'm about to pull my freaking hair out. Ive used HPtuners before, years ago on several of my LS1 cars. So I just bought a whole new setup and I can even get passed the first step. I try to read the PCM on my 2015 Sierra, it gets 99% done, then I get error messages. Shit that doesn't even show up here when I do a search.
    Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Years ago I tuned VE tables with a WBo2, now I can't even get past step one on my new truck

Tuner in Training
    "File not supported, Checksum failed. You will be unable to edit this file. Please email this file to [email protected]"
    This is quite aggravating. Anyone ever received this message?

I'm emailing the file and log report to tech support.
    Last edited by smit2732; 11-16-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Have you emailed support like it suggests?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I just need to be patient. lol Sorry. I included the .HPT file, do I need to send anything else?

Thank you for the reply

Tuner in Training

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You just need the beta software for this application, if you've already emailed support you'll receive a response email within 24hrs. If you don't receive a response within 24 hrs feel free to send a follow up email.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"