Thread: Dodge CAN pcm's rewite VIN or change VIN when swapping used pcm's

Potential Tuner

Dodge CAN pcm's rewite VIN or change VIN when swapping used pcm's

I have a question about using used pcm's on CAN Dodge vehicles with a SKIM. I can rewrite the VIN and do SKIM reset on non-CAN but on CAN Chrysler vehicles there is no way to change the VIN # once it has been written. I'm working on a 2008 Dodge Avenger right now that has a bad pcm. I wasn't 100% sure the pcm was bad but had ruled everything else out so I got a used pcm to try and it did fix the hard fault that I was having but now it will start and shut down because of the VIN mismatch. I flashed the pcm with J2534 but it did not change the VIN. I called the dealer to see if they could do it and was told the only way to do it was to put a new pcm in it because the cant be rewritten. So my question is can I change the VIN with HP Tuners and if so which VIN would I need to license or would I need a license for both?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No you cannot, we have no plans to add a vin change feature for any Dodge applications at this time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No you cannot, we have no plans to add a vin change feature for any Dodge applications at this time.
    Has this been changed? Trying to swap in a used PCM on a 2007 Dodge 1500 5.7L and have used 2 credits to buy the licence for the truck and another 2 credits for the VIN on the used PCM I am trying to swap in. Did i just waste 4 credits???