Thread: Running out of storage on my iPhone 6

Potential Tuner

Running out of storage on my iPhone 6

Hello,

I have a question related to how to manage the huge files of TrackAddict sessions. My TrackAddict files consume nearly 27GB of my storage. I'd like to keep all my sessions on my iPhone 6 even though I transfer them to Racerender for editing etc.

Is it possible to manage storage of these files thru Cloud Drives similar to other apps i.e. photos and movies on the iPhone?

Or alternatively, if I delete my sessions from my iPhone, can I load them back up to the app for reviewing later?

Looking for suggestions...

Thanks,

The drawback with using cloud storage is that video files are huge, so they'd take quite a while to transfer, and could exceed your cloud storage allotment. So for reasons of practicality, we haven't implemented any cloud video storage functionality.

The easiest thing to do here would be to use iTunes to transfer the files to/from your computer... If you open iTunes and go to your iPhone, select the "Apps" section, scroll down to the second list of apps (it will be the "File Sharing" section), and click on TrackAddict, it will then show its list of files and you can drag & drop these to/from a file browser window on your computer. When it comes to sending files to your computer, this is essentially the same as using WiFi Transfer to RaceRender, but has the option use a USB cable instead of WiFi. The bigger difference is that this method gives you the ability to copy the files from your computer back onto your iPhone.

Note that the file name format needs to remain the same for TrackAddict to properly access the file... It should be "Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss Track Name.csv", where "yyyymmdd" is year+month+day and "hhmmss" is hour+minute+second. File extension will be .csv for data files (but may see this change in the future), and .mov for video files on iOS (Android users will have .mp4).