Thread: na motor with a turbo

na motor with a turbo

hey guys, heard plenty of people strapping a turbo to there na and adjusting spark and fuel to suit.... have even heard of some people doing that and driving around un tuned for quite some time without issues! problem i have is a mate has fitted a NA motor into hes bf turbo car! it was previously a bf zf turbo but now its got a na motor in it replacing the old turbo motor so i believe weaker rods, crappier valves and a few other little things are different BUT should the car still idle and run fine without any tune changes?

so it will be a turbo pcm completely stock bf turbo tune but the motor is a na motor!!! at this present time upon startup the car bumps the idle up to about 1100 rpm, then comes back down and throws a engine light! one code is left bank over advanced and the other is right bank over retarted, would this be because of the turbo tune and na motor?

Didn't have enough sleep to think before i wrote lol
    Last edited by JETURBO; 11-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

He just needs to use the car to get around so what would be the easier way to resolve that?

Replace the phasors with the turbo ones or is it tune only that can resolve it?

Umm. .. are you sure about that?

The engine in my car was built from an NA BF engine and it most certainly had phasers on each camshaft. I'm still using them.

Kosij, pull the rocker cover off and check the little teeth haven't been broken off the rear of the camshafts. I think there's supposed to 4 but I'm not certain. I have seen this before when an engine was dropped off an engine crane.
    Last edited by VXSS; 11-19-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling retard

Eurr don't mind me having one of those days.... Yes the N/A does have a phasor each and BA's operate together where as the BF's are independent
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day