Thread: VCM won't connect. What's the ussue???

Tuner in Training

VCM won't connect. What's the ussue???

Please be kind. I am not well versed in HP Tuners at all! The car was tuned with my cable a few weeks ago in the tuner had no problem connecting now I try to connect with my laptop same cable and I cannot get it to flash the ECM. Just trying to get a few ideas of what might be going on. It keeps saying that it failed connection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I was wondering if something was locked out in the system. This was a ECM that I bought from PSI that had a basic tune loaded. We ended up taking it to the Dyno and tweaking it but the tuner said he didn't have a issue connecting. Frustrating. lol. I am trying to diagnose a check engine light for a crank signal code that wont clear

Tuner in Training
    Bill, Sorry but where can I contact support at?

here is something to look out for when tuning.....you must disconnect from the scanner before trying to write in editor. there is a disconnect button at the top left of the Scanner screen. hope this helps.

maybe off topic, but what code is it throwing for crank? is it the CMP correlation code by chance???

Tuner in Training
    0315 Crank shaft position code.
    Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Also, make sure your ignition is in the RUN position (not the ACC position). Being a new user, I just wanted to make sure you knew to put it in the RUN position (without the engine running though).

Potential Tuner
    I had hp tuners for over a year now and never had a problem till now. I plug in my interface and the power comes on but the busy light doesn't flash anymore. and the screen just tell me to check all connections. I've tried to connect to multiple other cars and still wont connect. Can Anyone help thanks.