Thread: 14' Chevy SS missing regulator offset table for lockup

Tuner in Training

14' Chevy SS missing regulator offset table for lockup

just put in a 3400 stall precision in a 2014 Chevrolet SS, the tables for TCC are different then all the other E38s, it does not have the "regulator offset" table to set the base TCC lockup psi.

i tried maxing out all the values in the TCC tables but it will still have a base TCC psi of around 35psi then slip, raise the psi to stop the slipping then back down to 35 and slip again causing it to hunt..... the problems we had on the original E38s until HPtuners added the offset table....

im gonna try one or two more tricks but is there a reason that table was not added? i need the TCC to hold min 75psi at all times to keep the converter alive...

so i guess i need hptuners help on this one......

the attached tune is a trial having almost every table maxed out, but it did not help....

2014 CHEVROLET SS GERALD TUNE 11.hpt

Tuner in Training
    come on guys how about an answer, i need to get this car on the road

i wonder if flashing an earlier OS to the TCM, say a 2010 OS, would work? Since those OS have these tables.

Tuner in Training
    not a bad idea, ill see if an OS matchs up

let us know how it goes

Tuner in Training
    for the record i flashed only the tcm with a 14' camaro tcm file and it worked like a charm

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by josh@lashway View Post
    for the record i flashed only the tcm with a 14' camaro tcm file and it worked like a charm
    i had this same issue on a 2010 holden, flashed in a 2010 camaro and it stops the slipping.

There must be some additional table or programming in the holdens (chev ss) that makes them continue to slip despsite what you do with the regulator offset and slip tables

Advanced Tuner
    Bumping an old thread here, but I'm dealing with this issue on a '14 ss. I licensed and flashed in a 2014 camaro tcm file and that allowed me to set the offset to 90 and that resolved that issue, but I couldn't get Sport mode or TUTD back no matter how I set the switches for it in hpt. Would you mind sharing if you had the same issues and how you resolved them if so?

All these tables are just slightly different than other t43 os's (such as the ramp rate being vs rpm instead of torque). Gotta wonder why they didn't standardize this stuff.