Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.5 EcoBoost Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by roastin300 View Post
    Ya sure thing, I definitely will. These are the tunes I have:

SCT tunes - I think there is 3 or 6 of them, I ran one for a day and swapped it because it wasnt great
    Vendor #1 - 87 PERFORMANCE STREET, 87 TOWING STREET, 91 PERFORMANCE RACE (have 2 additional revisions for the 91 performance race tune)
    Vendor #2 - 87 PERFORMANCE, 91 TOWING, 91 PERFORMANCE
    Care to share? I would love to see how good/bad I'm doing on one I just tuned!

The thread was on the right track originally, it's all about getting the commanded TIP up to what you want, not fooling the waste gate by messing with it's settings. For me, this proved to not work as there was a momentary boost rise, then the ecu would work it right back down. The first few pages of this thread, contain the key to getting the boost up.

I was fortunate enough to receive some very helpful info from a very kind person (he will know who he is), and although in keeping in the spirit of the forum, I would love to share, but wouldn't feel right giving someone else's work away......

Again, the MOST helpful info is in the discussion at the beginning of this thread, regarding asking for more TIP.

These little guys haul butt to say the least! I'm very pleased with the outcome, and thank you ALL for your input and helping me get to my goal and learn in the process!
    Last edited by 96gt4.6; 02-17-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Senior Tuner
    I just want to be clear that what I was saying is not "fooling sensors or the waste gate." The electronic boost control solenoid is not a sensor. It is a solenoid. Duty cycles are how much the solenoid works at blocking boost from the waste gate. If changing what torque request translate to what load request the ecu sees got you what you desired from a tune, great! every thing related to desired load and actual load will be equal but the torque/load tables will not be accurate. Unless someone gave you a base dyno tune. like I said before there are multiple ways to go about it the torque tables(driver demand torque to load demand), engine parameters(load demand to load request of engine), or a combination of both to keep things accurate and exactly like stock. modifying the torque tables is probably the easier way of getting around limiters and I am going to really look into this part of tunes for my own cars benefits. From the tuning guide I bought they suggest modifying the engine parameters first then re-normalizing the torque tables and rebuilding them with a dyno from the newly logged load/ torque and that is the way I personally would want to tune. I will not get this as I do not have access to a dyno so I'm going to have to choose one or the other and deal with the inaccuracy until I find dyno time. Its just a matter of which way works better for the time being.

Tuner in Training
    This is great info. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for sharing

I was working today with 2.3, looks similar logic.
    I could raise up boost, i got around 100nm in peak, but then after 5000 rpm boost falls down and Turbo Wastegate Percentage is still this same for eg 56.
    Car had custom tune already in and i looged it, what's difference between mine is that after 5000 rpm his Turbo Wastegate Percentage goes up so he's keeping boost, he's not falling off.
    Also my desired pressure is higher than current, in tune was loaded in desired is lower than current.

Where should i look for?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

I finally stumbled across an Ecoboost Thread! I have been trying to grasp the whole logic ford uses on these things and have just started piddling around with a 2013 locally. There is alotttt to them on both the ecm and tcm side and I am excited to get the understanding of how to go about dialing everything in.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Tuner in Training
    I am still trying to understand all of this. I've tuned on quite a few standalone platforms before, but the logic Ford used on this is still over my head. Does anyone have a scanner layout file they would share so I log the correct items I should be concerned with? I am not lazy, just want to know that I am logging the correct PIDs. It seems like there are 3 choices for every parameter I look at.

I have a tune I like pretty well that I have made by reading in multiple custom tunes from vendors and combined the things I like from each. However, boating season is near and I want to do some logging to make sure I am safe pulling with the tune, etc. I am somewhat overwhelmed by all of the different options in the scanner and don't know which to select. I also have an AEM water meth injection system sitting on my shelf (bought for my turbo snowmobile) that I have been pondering throwing on the truck. Thanks in advance.
    2003 Suburban beater
    2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins - Hoping HPT adds support for it soon
    SOLD - Too many timing chains...2013 FX4 SuperCrew - EcoBust - 6.5' Box - Black FX Appearance Package - Tuning

I made some test and i cen do any boost i want, except i get some limits at around 5900 rpm and boost goes down. It's not overboost and log says only numbers in limits.
    Logging is not yet complete...

Any ideas?

07. boost limit above 5900.hpl
    www.hd-customs.pl

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrot View Post
    Care to share? I would love to see how good/bad I'm doing on one I just tuned!
    same here....

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I made some test and i cen do any boost i want, except i get some limits at around 5900 rpm and boost goes down. It's not overboost and log says only numbers in limits.
    Logging is not yet complete...

Any ideas?

07. boost limit above 5900.hpl
    Did I see 35 PSI? Is that accounting for atmospheric pressure or is that true?
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Its absolute
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    Im curious why your tps percent is peaking at 85 but dips all the way down to 50%, was this you actually letting off of the throttle or something else?

Its working so in eb, he try to control boost thats way i think togerher with wastegate.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Potential Tuner
    Did anyone ever figure out a process to get the throttle to actually be 100% after 3000 rpm? I have played a bunch with the trq mang. It seems to counter act any changes I make. This has been a real fight! any help would be great. it is a 2012 3.5 I am working with.

Quote Originally Posted by mccueauto View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out a process to get the throttle to actually be 100% after 3000 rpm? I have played a bunch with the trq mang. It seems to counter act any changes I make. This has been a real fight! any help would be great. it is a 2012 3.5 I am working with.
    The throttle controls airflow. Things that will make it close:
    - TIP Actual > TIP Desired
    - MAP Actual > MAP Desired
    - Airflow Actual > Airflow Desired
    - Air Load Actual > Air Load Desired

All of these are somewhat equivalent.

So in effect, somewhere you're getting hitting this limit. To keep the throttle open the entire time, you'll want to essentially set desired just out of range of the actual you can actually hit.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I will give that shot.

They are a little tricky to get, but once you figure out how to get the commanded TIP up, you're golden. Been running his work for months now on 19 psi, no issues, other than less rubber on my rear tires than the front now...haha.

These things are amazing on higher boost/timing.....to say the least. I'm guesstimating my '15 Crew/4x4 is sitting in the low 13's somewhere on this tune give/take, but haven't had a chance to get it down the 1320 yet.

I have forwarded the contact information to all that have PM'd me about who to ask for help on this if anyone is needing it. He was able to help me immensely and although I will not share his work, I will get you in touch with the right person.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

I think the record for tune only 15 4x4 extended cab is 12.32 at almost 107....might be on the ragged edge

I've read things you need to work on tuning but haven't read things not to mess with,any advice? also if anyone has some ecoboost tunes they might be will to share please pm me so I can get some idea on what to start working on...I have some 5.0 tunes I can share if you want them