Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 3.5 EcoBoost Advice?

After repeated testing of this, we have been unable to replicate any issues at this time. If you get a good example of it happening please send a ticket to [email protected] with your Debug.dat and example tune file for review.
    The only difference between a write entire and write calibration is write entire writes the Strategy/Operating System+Calibration Data. Write Calibration does only the Calibration Data. Any changes you can make in VCM Editor effect only the Calibration Data, unless that change is in the Operating System section.

Advanced Tuner
    Also i guess we need to make sure we have the most up to date version. 3.6.26 i think

I'll test next time, i have latest, but for long time i use write entire.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Can anyone verify if the problem with write entire vs write calibration still exists?
    its hard to say, a lot of calibration writes works perfect. But sometime it doesn't work and you need to use write entire. why, I can't say it. no rules!

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, after spending a little time calibrating this 2017 3.5 Ecoboost 10 speed F150, I am running into Turbo FMEM as a torque air limit source and wastegate air flow limit as a torque max source at 4700rpm, every pull it switches to this. I have managed to eliminate throttle closure and I am hitting good ignition advance but the truck doesn't seem to want to hit commanded load and the commanded load falls off up top. Just trying to determine the cause of this and why.

Kris
    Attached Files Attached Files

What DTC you are getting with this? Usually it's overboost condition, but in yout case may be underboost.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    What DTC you are getting with this? Usually it's overboost condition, but in yout case may be underboost.
    I did notice my Overboost TIP Threshold was still on factory settings at 11 psi, I just increased this to 40psi to see if that fixes it. I am not getting a DTC with this.

Kris

But from what i see in logs, you are not getting overboost. Overboost is when desired tip is lower than actual tip. I don't know how about 3.5, but raising limits in 2.3 does nothing.
    You are running anyway all pull in spark tq reduction, take a look at that.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    But from what i see in logs, you are not getting overboost. Overboost is when desired tip is lower than actual tip. I don't know how about 3.5, but raising limits in 2.3 does nothing.
    You are running anyway all pull in spark tq reduction, take a look at that.
    Yea, I know when overboost occurs and what it looks like, normally it does throw a DTC if overboosting, on other vehicles. I just wasn't sure if the overboost limit was being activated and fighting something, kicking on the turbo FMEM, but even with that raised as I previously mentioned on testing, no luck. How can you tell I am running 100% spark tq reduction?

Kris

Spark source is tq reduction in log, but usually should be borderline. When it's tq reduction it try to lower torque by spark to archive desired tq.

Advanced Tuner
    My apologies, but I am confused. During the WOT section of my log that I posted, Spark Source is borderline the entire time. The issue I am having is not related to spark source?

Kris

Sorry, my mistake, i see throttle limit source as tq reduction but that has no matter since throttle is full open.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    I implemented a couple of changes with no luck. Based on another thread, I thought I determined what the issue was, however, the changes I made had no affect. Here are the recent logs, these are with e30 into the mix, which the truck LOVED.

Kris
    Attached Files Attached Files

In my opinion you may get underboost condition. Please raise wastegate DC in bottom left of table so actual tip gets equal to desired tip.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    In my opinion you may get underboost condition. Please raise wastegate DC in bottom left of table so actual tip gets equal to desired tip.
    Sure thing, I see that it is underboosting. I will adjust duty cycle to increase actual tip to desired tip.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Would you agree that Desired TIP is preventing the ECU from hitting desired load? That being said, if desired TIP is preventing the load from going up due to hitting desired TIP, why does actual TIP show less pressure.

Also, I believe the Turbo FMEM and wastegate air flow limit I am seeing is resulting in boost and load falling up top.

Kris
    Last edited by kris5597; 09-20-2017 at 01:52 PM.

You may have airload limited by lspi tables, see there

Advanced Tuner
    That's the first place I looked. I even increased it to airload that is not "capped" and no change.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Don't want to change the subject or bring back something we have moved on from but I was just playin around and was wonderin. Has anyone ever setup their torque model like this?Screenshot (36).png

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Don't want to change the subject or bring back something we have moved on from but I was just playin around and was wonderin. Has anyone ever setup their torque model like this?Screenshot (36).png
    I have seen them done like that.