Thread: 2010 CAMARO ABS NO COMMUNICATION wiring diagram help!!

Tuner in Training

2010 CAMARO ABS NO COMMUNICATION wiring diagram help!!

Hi Guys,
    We have a 2010 Camaro in our shop. It has a cam and has been tuned elsewhere the new owner doesn't know where, and the ecu is locked grrr.
    Anyway it has a U0140 no abs communication fault. we have tried various scan tools and cannot talk to the abs module.
    The car has ABS T/C and ESC warning lights on (which we assume is the no abs comms issue) . Im pretty sure the tune wont throw this code
    but as I cant read the tune I don't really know whats been done . So before I send the ecu away to be erased and have to tune the car myself
    I want to do a quick check of the wiring to the ABS unit. But as we don't have Camaros here in AUS we cannot find a diagram , so can anyone help???
    Thanks Shane

Tuner in Training
    1997 Wrangler - LQ4 6.0 and 4L60e NP231C/J
    2009 Saab 9-7X with a 6.0 swapped in, 4L65E from a 2009 Suburban, 2005 trailblazer selectable transfercase, and 3.42's from trailblazer as well
    2015 Sierra 2500 Duramax with a fuel sucking emissions system
    2009 G8 GT (wifes car)

I don't have the diagrams here but I can get them once I get home to my laptop.
    However, there is nothing you can change in the tune to fix the ABS code. You need to troubleshoot the wiring and the module itself.
    The ABS is on the CAN bus, find a pair of Tan-Tan/Blk wires twisted together. There are 1 pair of this wires going into the module then other pair coming out to the next module. If I remember correctly the ABS is the EBCM module and the CAN bus goes to pins 14/26 (they may be yellow-yellow/blk) and the other pair comes from pins 15/26. Check continuity in all wires from module to ECM. If they are Ok the module may be bad
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    it is kinda obvious but have you checked the abs fuse i have see some of these cars with issues on the fuse box loose fuses and bad connections. I am sure you checked the fuse but i have had pickups with abs no communication and it was fuse or wiring harness torn up.

Tuner in Training
    yeah checked abs fuses wiring etc, pretty sure its the abs module gone south have sent away for repair as theres no chevy dealers here in Aus lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettworth View Post
    Sorry to revive a super old thread, would you have more in depth schematics? im building a race car and need to fully delete the ABS module, but it won't start/run without it unfortunately

https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions - scroll to the bottom

General Motors Service Repair Manual Information (does not contain software)
    Campaigns & Bulletins from 1980 to present
    Unit repair manuals from 1997 to present
    Service manuals from 1996 to present
    Owner manuals from 2003 to present

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that!

I was able to find a schematic there which showed the tan & tan/black (communications wires) run from the ECU through the ABS module to the BCM and fuel pump module.

I connected the 2 tan wires from the ABS module connector to eachother, and the tan/black wires as well, and everything worked again.

Hope it will also help some one in the future who wants to turn their Camaro in to a race car, and delete the ABS
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-26 at 20.28.29.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

Tuner in Training
    Update: I also had to turn off VATS in the tune

Potential Tuner
    what did you do to turn vats off? i have a 2010 Camaro ss l99 with 6l80e

Open your file in the editor, hit CTRL+N, type in 'vats'?