Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear/Tire Adjustment - 3.0+ Scanner

Potential Tuner
    I seem to be having the same issue as reubone listed above. After changing the tire size in a 2014 Ram 2500 the speedo in the scanner now reads 319 and the one in the truck does not work at all. Any solution to this?

I wanted to correct the tire size. 2013 Charger R/T. Latest HPT version.

After I enter my current gear and new tire size I get the prompt to EGS5x Init but there is no button.

I have to search the tabs to find it. Thats OK with me if its the way it is but then what? No save or write option? Just close the window and drive?

I did the above and got an ESP light on in the cluster that would not change state with the dash button. So I reverted back by writing the previous calibration and it cleared.

I guess I need to know the steps to take all the way through.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

3 Weeks no reply.

Two questions:

1. After I change my tire size and do the EGS Init do I just close the program? No save or exit option is available.
    2. After I changed the tire size and did the EGS Init, and closed the program I got the Electonic Stability Control light on the dash. It does not respond to button presses. Whats wrong?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    3 Weeks no reply.

Two questions:

1. After I change my tire size and do the EGS Init do I just close the program? No save or exit option is available.
    2. After I changed the tire size and did the EGS Init, and closed the program I got the Electonic Stability Control light on the dash. It does not respond to button presses. Whats wrong?
    I did the same thing and closed out the window with the "x" with "EGS init" in a 2012 Durango with the 3.6 and it was strange. It would let me change the gear ratio, but it would not let me change the tire size. If I changed the tire size, it would fail to write. I eventually recalculated the gear ratio keeping the tire size at 29.85", but once I inputted the change I got the FCW (forward collision warning) light that came on the dash to show it was now disabled (strange). The FCW enable button on the dash would not work to turn it back on (kinda like your ESC). Also, the car will not shift out of third gear once the new gear ratio was inputted. It wants to take off in third and stay in third. I drove it cautiously for around 10 miles and the CEL came on. Re-scanned and it shows DTC for incorrect gear ratios for 3rd and 4th gear in the tranny. I put everything back to the original state (cleared everything back to normal) and left it alone, but I thought this was supposed to be easy? Everyone else seems to have no issues. Any thoughts on this?

Hello HP Tuners experts.

I just changed from 255/40R20 & 295/35R20 summer tires to 235/60R18 winter tires on my 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the speedo is off by about 5%. I'd like to use VCM Scanner to tweak the tire size, but after reading all the problems and MIL/CEL codes caused by failed attempts, I'm a little spooked. With the DiabloSport Trinity, entering a new tire size was as simple as specifying tire width, aspect ratio, and wheel size. I read this whole thread, but can HPT Support confirm the step-by-step instructions for performing tire size adjustment?

Thanks!

- Dave

They will not respond on it. Its written like crap. You do the EGS init and it just sits there. You wonder why there is no save or write, or continue............... ticks me off.

This still working through the scanner? I have a 2012 dodge coming up with a gear change.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    This still working through the scanner? I have a 2012 dodge coming up with a gear change.
    Yes.
    Jaime

Awesome thanks!
    2002 Camaro SS
    2013 Jeep JK 2 Door

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure if this will help any of the Jeep guys but apparently 2018 wrangles can relearn N/V ratio. See attached FCA publication.
    ESS reset.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vinny20040_0 View Post
    I did the same thing and closed out the window with the "x" with "EGS init" in a 2012 Durango with the 3.6 and it was strange. It would let me change the gear ratio, but it would not let me change the tire size. If I changed the tire size, it would fail to write. I eventually recalculated the gear ratio keeping the tire size at 29.85", but once I inputted the change I got the FCW (forward collision warning) light that came on the dash to show it was now disabled (strange). The FCW enable button on the dash would not work to turn it back on (kinda like your ESC). Also, the car will not shift out of third gear once the new gear ratio was inputted. It wants to take off in third and stay in third. I drove it cautiously for around 10 miles and the CEL came on. Re-scanned and it shows DTC for incorrect gear ratios for 3rd and 4th gear in the tranny. I put everything back to the original state (cleared everything back to normal) and left it alone, but I thought this was supposed to be easy? Everyone else seems to have no issues. Any thoughts on this?
    You're not alone with losing ACC/FCW. Changed gears and tires on car, did the write with HPT and I lost ACC/FCW, but limp mod was corrected. Still have no ACC/FCW to this day. Have been told that Diablo is the only way to fix it. Not sure why HPT hasn't fixed this flaw, people that don't have the ACC/FCW would never know of a problem.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Wish I read this post before making the change on my car. Now i'm stuck without ACC and FCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam K> View Post
    Wish I read this post before making the change on my car. Now i'm stuck without ACC and FCW.
    Yep, sucks. Was told how to fix with the diablo, but haven't done it yet. Was wondering if just the TCM can be pulled and programmed separately or maybe it's tied into the ECM also.

Would like to see HPTuner fix this in there scanner software.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Yep, sucks. Was told how to fix with the diablo, but haven't done it yet. Was wondering if just the TCM can be pulled and programmed separately or maybe it's tied into the ECM also.

Would like to see HPTuner fix this in there scanner software.
    You mind sharing how to do it in diablo?

I have a trinity but wanted to start using the HP tuner due to more flexibility. After the change I got a C2206 code on the ACC module. Configuration mismatch. That is why it's not working. I was able to clear all other codes but this one comes back.

The TCM can be bench flashed but needs your vin flashed to it as well. A number of HEMI specific shops can do it. Otherwise I assume you will throw a VIN mismatch C2202 code. I'm almost 100% confident that the dealership can fix it by doing a factory reset in Wytech. It would download the stock configuration from Chrysler and flash all modules.
    Last edited by Adam K>; 09-30-2019 at 07:06 AM.

You mind sharing how to do it in diablo?

I have a trinity but wanted to start using the HP tuner due to more flexibility. After the change I got a C2206 code on the ACC module. Configuration mismatch. That is why it's not working. I was able to clear all other codes but this one comes back.

The TCM can be bench flashed but needs your vin flashed to it as well. A number of HEMI specific shops can do it. Otherwise I assume you will throw a VIN mismatch C2202 code. I'm almost 100% confident that the dealership can fix it by doing a factory reset in Wytech. It would download the stock configuration from Chrysler and flash all modules.
    I was told to set gear ratio back to stock with HP, then hook up diablo and go special functions for tire/gear change. My t1000 wants to change the ECM version for some reason. Was told to follow instructions and then go to their web page and down load their version and continue. A little apprehensive, as I don't want to screw anything up and brick ECM. I was at dealer with car, they can only flash it back to stock and not update to a different G.R. I'm not even seeing that code. Where is it coming up?

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I'll give it a try again tomorrow. I went thru all kinds of combinations yesterday with no success. Only thing I have not tried is to load the stock tune on the car with HP tuners. Since I never actually added a tune but made the change the gearing and tire I don't know if I want to risk it.

I see the code under the ACC module in WiTech. I have a Micropod2 but no active subscription. But still does a lot without online access. I just put an entire hellcat cradle into my car so I need a rear alignment. So the car will be going to the dealership anyways. But if I could fix this error myself would be great.

Tuner in Training
    Well my issue has been resolved. No amount of changes in HP Tuner or the Trinity were going to resolve my issue. Not sure if your situation is different but I needed to go thru the ACC alignment procedure. In Witech you can put the system into Plant mode. You drive the car for like 15 minutes in traffic on a fairly flat road. When it reaches 100% it tells you to cycle the ignition. Once cycled I got my ACC and FWC back. Not error codes came back.

I would really check if you had a C2206 code on your car. My cheap amazon code reader would not show that code. Only Witech. If so have the dealership go thru the alignment procedure. Probably bill you an hours labor.

Well my issue has been resolved. No amount of changes in HP Tuner or the Trinity were going to resolve my issue. Not sure if your situation is different but I needed to go thru the ACC alignment procedure. In Witech you can put the system into Plant mode. You drive the car for like 15 minutes in traffic on a fairly flat road. When it reaches 100% it tells you to cycle the ignition. Once cycled I got my ACC and FWC back. Not error codes came back.

I would really check if you had a C2206 code on your car. My cheap amazon code reader would not show that code. Only Witech. If so have the dealership go thru the alignment procedure. Probably bill you an hours labor.
    So you never touched anything up front, just gear change and that caused the alignment issue? Thanks for info, I'll hit dealer up.

Could I get more info on the Micropod2? I see them for 150 - 210. What else is needed?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    So you never touched anything up front, just gear change and that caused the alignment issue? Thanks for info, I'll hit dealer up.
    I dropped my entire rear cradle and installed an entire hellcat cradle. Entire hellcat suspension, rear carrier, axles, etc. Plus a DSS aluminum driveshaft. I own a 2012 Chrysler SRT8 and the 2015+ rears are much more beefy than what I had. The carrier is a 2.62 vs my stock 3.06 though. Getting ready to drop in a 426 with a Whipple supercharger. Not worried about lower gear considering the amount of torque the 426 is about to make. Just trying to build up the entire drivetrain before the 426 goes in. Since the back end was removed I need an align the back.

IMG_5297.jpg
    Last edited by Adam K>; 10-01-2019 at 07:42 PM.