Thread: FA Power Enrich Excel Tuning Tool - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Senior Tuner

FA Power Enrich Excel Tuning Tool - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Here is the power enrichment calculator I use, figured I would share for anyone who is decent with Excel. You can change the RPM and row axis to whatever you want, some people have Aircharge I have pressure ratio in my tune. Won't change the actual math it is doing within the graphs. Left side is if you want to just see what your current tune is commanding (make sure you input your FA Stoich from your own tune in the yellow highlighted cell, VERY IMPORTANT). The right side is if you want to command a certain AFR, just type it in, and the bottom graph will update and can be copied and pasted into your FA Power Enrich once you are done.

FA Power Enrich.xlsx

You are awesome!!

Thank you, I have actually just begun tuning Dodge setups after 10 years of GM :-) Its a lot like starting all over...reading, googling etc. I used the tool today and I like it a lot. Saves some math.

By the way, I have seen several of your threads and your posts are being used primarily to begin my tuning learning curve...thank you again.

I feel like a newbie, but the 20012 300 I am working on actually has 2 PE tables, Air charge and PRatio? Is there a switch in the tune somewhere or a means for the PCM to Pick one or the other or do they blend through some magic alogorithm....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training Southwest Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Thank you, I have actually just begun tuning Dodge setups after 10 years of GM :-) Its a lot like starting all over...reading, googling etc. I used the tool today and I like it a lot. Saves some math.

By the way, I have seen several of your threads and your posts are being used primarily to begin my tuning learning curve...thank you again.

I feel like a newbie, but the 20012 300 I am working on actually has 2 PE tables, Air charge and PRatio? Is there a switch in the tune somewhere or a means for the PCM to Pick one or the other or do they blend through some magic alogorithm....

Ed M
    It's great to see others jumpin on board and getting wet with the Mopar tuning! It is most definitely not as intuitive or black and white as GM tuning thats for sure!

It seems like every Mopar teaches me something I didn't know before. Its an exciting time for sure.
    Southwest Speed LLC
    5116 Industrial Park Loop NE
    Rio Rancho, NM 87124
    505-554-9898
    https://www.facebook.com/southwestspeed/

http://www.southwestspeed.net

Advanced Tuner
    Ed,
    When you set up the scanner, see if you can log both pressure ratio and aircharge.
    My guess is you will only see one of the two choices. This should lead you to one PE table or the other.
    If you see both, just duplicate the tables.

For an experiment, set one richer and see if it is being used.

Ron
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 05-24-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Ed,
    When you set up the scanner, see if you can log both pressure ratio and aircharge.
    My guess is you will only see one of the two choices. This should lead you to one PE table or the other.
    If you see both, just duplicate the tables.

For an experiment, set one richer and see if it is being used.

Ron
    Ron,

Thank you for the response. Kind of what I did, assumed internally there was some validation of aircharge to PRatio effects as the FA values are different. But like you I just assumed I wanted a certain FA and made both tables the same.

Getting ready to put the car back on the dyno...will report.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread but if you still get the notice for replies I just want to thank you also. I am new to Mopar and Very new to HP Tuning and this actually helped a bunch.

Thank You!

Pac-Man
    Mike Banks AKA Pac-Man
    Taylors, South Carolina

2012 X-Police Challenger R/T with a swapped 392 and Magnuson Supercharger (My Toy)
    2016 X-Police Charger 5.7 but soon to get a supercharged 392 too (My Car)
    2011 X-Police Ford F250 6.2 4X4 (My Truck)
    2007 X-Police Durango 4.7 4X4 (Middle Daughters Truck)
    2019 Chrysler 300 3.6 (Wife's Car)
    2004 Neon SXT 2.0 (Youngest Daughters Car)
    2012 Nissan Cube (Oldest Daughters Car)

Ok Ok, I got a thing for X-police cars and police auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMike View Post
    I know this is an old thread but if you still get the notice for replies I just want to thank you also. I am new to Mopar and Very new to HP Tuning and this actually helped a bunch.

Thank You!

Pac-Man
    Not sure what happened to 06300SRT , but he has not been around for while now, Click on his User name and read everything he posted, He put in a lot of work on trying to get a handle on tuning these Hemi(s) Him Homer and Hemituna , and a few others.

This right here is a GOOD take away from this thread
    "
    Ron,

Thank you for the response. Kind of what I did, assumed internally there was some validation of aircharge to PRatio effects as the FA values are different. But like you I just assumed I wanted a certain FA and made both tables the same.

Getting ready to put the car back on the dyno...will report.

Ed M "
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph