Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gear/Tire Adjustment - 3.0+ Scanner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Could I get more info on the Micropod2? I see them for 150 - 210. What else is needed?
    Yeah the cheap Chinese Knock off Micropods can be had for 150-210. You need a laptop to use. But i'm sure you have one since you are using a HP tuner. The real ones that the dealers use cost much more. With the Chinese ones you need to make some changes to the Witech software so it can't call home and get disabled. Any car past 2016 will no longer work with this software since Chrysler switched to a cloud based service. But in your example you can do mostly everything on your car except going out to the web and downloading updates for the modules. I was able to do Proxi updates on other cars and things like bleeding ABS, and off course align my own ACC. Well worth the money. I don't mind paying the dealership but every time I take the car in I have to argue with them in what I want them to do. They always want to diagnose the issue first.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam K> View Post
    I dropped my entire rear cradle and installed an entire hellcat cradle. Entire hellcat suspension, rear carrier, axles, etc. Plus a DSS aluminum driveshaft. I own a 2012 Chrysler SRT8 and the 2015+ rears are much more beefy than what I had. The carrier is a 2.62 vs my stock 3.06 though. Getting ready to drop in a 426 with a Whipple supercharger. Not worried about lower gear considering the amount of torque the 426 is about to make. Just trying to build up the entire drivetrain before the 426 goes in. Since the back end was removed I need an align the back.

Attachment 93502
    WOW, those axles sure look beefed up. I'm pretty much done modding until the eng gives. Just dropped to the 2.62 pulley and put a 3" cat-back on, should be about 14psi. Engs held so far with 11.4psi. Just put the NT555 on, better traction than the 420s.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

hi every one!! I'm french, sorry if my English is bad. I have a EGS 52 and can't change gear ratio. If I press the "green button" I just have 2 options : reset trans adaptive and eg5xx init. I tried to tune another EGS 52 with a more recent OS and I have the same options. Could somebody help me? thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    I am wondering if the Gear/Tire adjustment works on the 96-98 Viper? I am debating on making the switch from SCT over to HP Tuners and this is is a big selling point for me as I am currently mid gear change.

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone, I want to change the size of the tires on a Dodge Ram 2500 year 2011, does it work with VCM scanner?

Yes.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Potential Tuner
    Does this work with vehicles that have no abs, no tipm, no modules . . . Only a NGC4 pcm?

Potential Tuner
    I did a gear change and the VCM Scanner was able to detect the new gear. How does one "write it" back into the existing tune to adjust for gear shifts?
    The tune I had done on the car was before the gear swap.

Advanced Tuner
    I removed the 3.09 and installed 3.70s in my 2016 a8 6.4 shaker plus (has ACC). Car had been tuned remotely for pump gas Diablo t2 CMR on a spare PCM. To include all information I must state the BCM has been raped by tazer. My tuner sent me a new TCM file for the gear change. I installed it and all was ok. I bought a MPVI2+ and am now switching to HPT, larger injectors, e85 and starting over. I found a local tuner. He has a wheel dyno, experience, and the injector information for when I do the swap and bring the car there to tune. I restored both the PCM and the TCM to stock with Diablo. I then installed the OEM PCM to do my reads for HPT. Did the reads and mailed it off for unlock but before removing it I went to Scanner, Connect to vehicle, Vehicle controls & special functions, speedometer, gear/tire adjustment. I entered 3.70 and 29.10 inches and now my ACC/FCW/and CC no longer function. After much research I purchased a ELM327 and ALPHAODB2 software but am not certain how to fix the issue with these tools. Can anyone explain what steps need to be followed to repair the CAN or align the ACC or whatever it is that must be done to restore ACC once the gear ratio has been changed in HPT Scanner????

Is there a sticky for this that I am just not seeing???

If there is not one should there not be one????
    Last edited by LilSick; 12-18-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    With alfaobd check if you are getting any codes in the BCM, PCM...etc. Also try doing an ABS initialization. BTW pay attention to what alfa states about going to the medium speed bus. If you have an obdlink MX or MX+ interface (uses a more advanced chipset then elm interfaces) then there is no need for a blue patch cable. Otherwise you will need to follow your ELM interface on how to switch pins to access medium speed bus. Although I believe the ABS is on the high speed bus so you should not have to mess with any of this. But on other modules like the head unit you will.