Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have software I have customers

Potential Tuner

Don't forget about the LH cars!

There are tons of 300M folks that would be all over a tuner! Don't forget about us!

Potential Tuner
    SRT8 6.1L Magnum, 300, Charger, and Jeep Cherokee owners are looking for tuner so we can do bigger and bigger mods.

Your SRT8 release is highly anticipated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    guys, we cannot give a release date other than it being planned for the end of this year. there is a lot of work to be done and unfortunately we can't give anymore detail until we have some more concrete timelines.

Chris..
    Chris, what happened to being planned for the end of the year (2006)??

Senior Tuner
    I've been asked to look for Jeep support. The "rock crawlers" are askin'! Don't mean to send anyone into a tizzy here, I did read the posts. Just adding a name to the list for info, that's all....

Tuner in Training
    Ttt

Potential Tuner
    ttt add another srt8 charger to list.

Quote Originally Posted by lik2mod
    Chris, what happened to being planned for the end of the year (2006)??

This is one of many reasons that we cannot offer release dates to the public when we are in the development cycle.

I would like to give you an idea of the process that must be gone through to develop the product and will try to do so in non-technical terms:

1 Purchase the vehicle computers (or the vehicle if necessary) for a given application-keep in mind, this is done after we know what computers are in what vehicle etc. This alone can take a significant amount of time.

2 Design hardware that will communicate with the computer.

3 Electronically break into the computer by cracking the electronic security combination. This may be destructive, and we may "blow up" several computers. Some of these cost over 1000 each, and others just plain aren't available-which will cause development delays. To estimate how much time spent here is next to impossible as there must be a "breakthrough". It's the aha! moment, and figuring out when that will be isn't possible. There isn't much development that can proceed until this step is overcome.

4 Figure out how to read the computer-similar issue to number 3.

5 Figure out how to write to the computer-similar issue to number 3.

6 Read as many computers as possible to get as many operating systems as possible. This is usually the first beta test stage. We don't know how many Operating Systems need to be supported until we are completed with this step.

7 Reverse Engineer each individual Operating System. We need to figure out where the tables are, and what each table does, as well as where each switch is etc. This can take 1 to 6 months per operating system. Usually, once the first one is figured out, the next ones are easy for the same processor.

8 Determine what PIDS are available for scanning, how we need to acquire them etc.

9 Write the software to handle the information that we have discovered.

10 Beta Test

11 Fix Bugs

12 Release

That's our twelve step program! Please keep in mind, this needs to be done with every new computer processor, and we are dealing with at least 4 or 5 different computer processors for the Dodge products for 2001-2007.

Also, We may find something in step 10, that brings us back to step 3, 4, or 5. Further, if we are not thorough enough and do as has been suggested and release a product that is somewhat functional, but not ready, our customers may end up with a vehicle with a bombed computer, voided warranty, etc. Therefore we cannot release a partially tested product, regardless of the demand. One customer stranded with a failed product is too many!

Also, this lengthy process is the reason that we are not able to offer coverage for less popular applications where there will be significant development time.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    hehe sounds like you may have done this once or twice before Jay
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Maybe when Cherry buys Chrysler from Benz things will get easier. Won't that throw good ol' Mopar fans in a tizzy. An auto manufacturer from China producing muscle cars

Keep plugging away guys!

And we were just getting used to German code!
    Jay
    HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    I'm curious, roughly what "step" do you think you guys are at for the Dodges in general?

Potential Tuner
    me too!

Man, I want to answer this question directly, but I don't want to let our competition know where we are on this and have to treat this information as confidential. I am so sorry for the lack of information, but we hope that our Dodge release will offer a competitive advantage and hope that you can understand that we cannot divuldge the answer to this.

I know that it's not what you want to hear, but it's the best that I can offer at this point in time.

Keep in mind, that if you have a vehicle, or customers with vehicles that are awaiting Dodge support, we are highly motivated to complete this project! It's a slow and painful process that simply takes man-hours. We are not working with information that is supplied by the OEM. We are reverse engineering, and it is complicated.

We will release as quickly as possible and it will be right!
    Jay
    HP Tuners

Senior Tuner
    Majority of shops out in San Antonio, TX use HPTuners on GM...but with the recent Mustang Cobra hype several have just upgraded to a full SCT tuner system.

Potential Tuner
    Just making a post to let you know us Dodge folks are definitely still interested!!
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T. Mods: JMB CAI, Kooks LT headers and Corsa catback.

Wanting: HP TUNING!!!

Tuner

Question Credits for dodge and ford?

Will we use the same credits we have in store, or will there be Ford credits, GM credits, and Dodge credits.

For those of us who bought credits in bulk, we would like to be able to buy one set of credits and dispatch them over the different makes and models when and where we choose.

I just want clarification.

Thanks HPTuners you guys are the best!

Fil131

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    credits will be purchased separately...with GM the only public offering currently we are only offering GM credits...ford credits will be offered to our beta testers & publicly offered with our next public release & dodge will be offered at a later time.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    credits will be purchased separately...with GM the only public offering currently we are only offering GM credits...ford credits will be offered to our beta testers & publicly offered with our next public release & dodge will be offered at a later time.

-Bill
    What is needed to become a beta teater?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners

-Bill
    I am also curious, what is necessary to become a beta tester?
    Daniel Lesser
    Viper Specialty Performance
    "Perfection. That is our only requirement."
    www.ViperSpecialtyPerformance.com
    (716) 912-5336
    Ontario Canada Technical Director

Tuner
    I would be a customer!