Thread: 67 Skylark startup

67 Skylark startup

Need some help, 2003 5.3 stock long block with an intake like professional products or something. car fires and sounds like it is running on 4 cylinders then dies. Using stock file with the typical deleted codes. after running for roughly 30-45 seconds the passenger side manifold is getting hot but the drivers side is barely warm (at the ports). DBW is not responding at all and in the scanner it will not let me raise the idle manually. Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Sounds like a wiring issue to me.

If you only have half the cylinder working, and the drivers side o2 sensor is not working at all because it's stuck at 440mv all the time. Timing is super low and making cylinder temps really hot. I'd be checking fuses and voltage at the coils/injectors to make sure what is and isnt working.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Found that the injectors were slap full of crap from the line. Swapped injectors with a good set and it's a little better but still has the skip. Checking some wiring now. Thanks

Found the ground to the driver coils was on the coil bracket which has no ground. Changed that and definitely better but still getting a skip which may be a bad plug but it will idle around 2000 for 30 seconds or so then die. Codes: p1514, 0102, 0106.

Okay so just went through the wiring for the DBW system and as far as I can tell all of the wiring is right and scanner shows tps at 15% with koeo. If I push the throttle manually it will show it change and close it it will show 0%. When I key on the blade flips wide open then back to 15% in a blink. What am I missing?

Also I disconnected the battery and left for a bit then reconnected it and started the engine and the pedal worked for 2 quick pumps then nothing except the same codes.

Well after starting it about 10 times the TPS starting coming down then finally reached 0 so I cracked the throttle a couple of times and the RPMs shot to 4800 and stayed there, but the pedal works.

Tuner in Training
    log etc desired position vs actual position
    also check wiring on the ETC plug

The first one is actually after I multiplied the VE to see if it would help and it didn't have the run away but the first shows it screaming.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Tuner in Training
    whats some history on this thing?
    CHECK ALL GROUNDS
    looks like your o2' are not switching properly either.

Entire system came from a 2002 tahoe that drove so I know eveything should be good. I see the O2s are acting funny but I am thinking this intake has a massive vacuum leak as looking at it, it looks like it is sitting on top of the valley cover bolt heads. I know the signal wires are good for the O2s but need to double check the remaining 3 at each to verify they are correct and fix the trans plug to get rid of those codes as well. Will get back in a bit and Thank You very much.

Okay so I have pulled the entire harness back out and in rechecking every wire I found only the MAP sensor wires were pinched. They had not cut all the way through but spliced and soldered them back together. I have a question as for the O2 sensor wiring, LT1Swap shows PIN 26 on the blue to be TAN, PIN 29 TAN, PIN 63 TAN. Are these the TAN that all splice together?

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Also there is one TAN off each sensor so originally 4 into the splice and 5 out. The way I am seeing this in the sheet is B1S1 gets spliced from one TAN to two and pinned at 26 and 29 of the blue connector. Is this correct just to verify?

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L