Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Boss Manifold Tuning

Advanced Tuner

2015 Mustang GT Boss Manifold Tuning

Hey guys,

I'm creating this thread to hopefully get a couple of minds together to assist me in this venture as well as be as informative as possible for doing and tuning the Boss manifold on a 2015 GT. My modifications are Steeda CAI, Boss manifold, resonator delete, and muffler swap.

First impressions, the stock tune is really built around the IMRC's, which makes things rather interesting when they are not there. Deleting the IMRC's also causes some headaches with drive ability. I had to advance IVO and EVC position during partial throttle VCT to assist the engine in tuning out the IMRC's for proper airflow and burn during lower engine speeds. The car breaks up a lot, without doing this, on the stock VCT tables. Now, I can actually drive the car and it only hick ups a little here and there, it's a working progress.

However, my main two issues are as follows. Every time during crank up, I am getting a CEL, what appears to be a possible misfire? I'll post the CEL next time I see it.

Second, when I go WOT, around 5500+ the car starts to lean out and STFT's start increasing in adding fuel exponentially. I feel I am somehow maxing out the stock injectors, but I cannot find a way to log or calculate injector duty cycle, so I am not sure. I have compensated the MAF values, but it doesn't matter, it still leans out more and more as rpm increases, which points me in the direction that the stock injectors are done, if someone could help me confirm, that would be great.

Kris

Did they downgrade injectors for 2015? The stock injectors on 2011-2014 cars are good for just over 500rwhp on normal pump gas.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    Did they downgrade injectors for 2015? The stock injectors on 2011-2014 cars are good for just over 500rwhp on normal pump gas.
    And that is my concern. Not sure why the car is leaning out. I doubt they downgraded injectors, but I don't know.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    And that is my concern. Not sure why the car is leaning out. I doubt they downgraded injectors, but I don't know.

Kris
    Per HPtuner, the Injector control flow rate low and high are lower on the 2015 compared to the 11-14 GT and Boss. Does this mean the 2015 has smaller injectors?

Kris

is there a pulse width pid yet? according to fordparts.com the 2013 5.0 and 2016 5.0 use the same injector.
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 12-01-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    is there a pulse width pid yet? according to fordparts.com the 2013 5.0 and 2016 5.0 use the same injector.
    There is no PIDs for injectors I could find. Definitely makes trouble shooting a little difficult. If they are the same injector, why would the flow rate parameters be different? Perhaps I can change the flow rate parameters and get more out of the injectors? Doesn't sound right but who knows...

might be different because of the manifold and whatever other changes the coyote went through.

make a separate file and copy the fuel system and injector data from a 11-14 and see what it does. make sure your scaling and axis are the same, sometimes those change and make the actual data look different.

Tuner
    we build a 2015 5.0 with JLT intake, Long Tubes and full 3" Exhaust.
    car runs on 93oct. 419rwhp with no fuel issues.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm going to tear the car down and confirm all o rings are sealing tonight to rule that out.

Make sure you have correctly enabled switches and you are useing only first 013 mapped points, then you basically work as on 11-14 models.
    Switch disabled
    position sensor disabled
    des position closed
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

For what it's worth.

11-14 Injector slope:
    45.0hi
    60.4lo

15+ injector slope:
    43.9hi
    52.2lo
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Could be the same and have changes elsewhere as higgs boson stated.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Make sure you have correctly enabled switches and you are useing only first 013 mapped points, then you basically work as on 11-14 models.
    Switch disabled
    position sensor disabled
    des position closed
    So you saying, disable 14-26 mapped points and only use the first 14, calculate VCT positions with the midlock phasers on the first 14 like it is on the 11-14 cars and disable the IMRC as you have labeled. Is it really that simple?

I compared injector data as well, checked multipliers and it was similar at the same fuel pressure. So injector data is different for sure.

Kris

Yes, you should do that this way Dont forget to copy higher values of mp to lowers.
    You can try to use removed hardware switch to open position, them use higher mapped points defined in imrc config. Them you will probably dont need to copy.
    Last edited by caniggia; 12-08-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, you should do that this way Dont forget to copy higher values of mp to lowers.
    You can try to use removed hardware switch to open position, them use higher mapped points defined in imrc config. Them you will probably dont need to copy.
    Well, this is definitely worth a shot. @tramotorsports. You going to try this as well?

Kris

If make switch and sensor disabled, and des position to open, position must be set to 100% to use 14-25 mapped points.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    If make switch and sensor disabled, and des position to open, position must be set to 100% to use 14-25 mapped points.
    I tried all of that, car drove around okay with modified VCT tables, however, it would not richen fuel at WOT.

Kris

What about the Enable/Disable switch for PE for OP in the VCT tab on the left?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    What about the Enable/Disable switch for PE for OP in the VCT tab on the left?
    That is disabled from the factory. I tried enabling it, with no luck.

Kris

Its working, see one of the last topics about op mode in 2015.
    www.hd-customs.pl