Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Boss Manifold Tuning

Tuner in Training
    great discussion really , a lot of info for a lot of subjects , am trying to extract the information to tune two cars, one is 11-14 model with boss intake and the other one is 2015 gt model with Shelby intake manifold .. it would be very nice of you guys if you just post a summary of what is the best way to do it so we can build a better understanding , that would be appreciated ,since you brought this subject to discussion and a lot of advanced tuners were participating in this topic .. at least the basic things to be done for every intake manifold swap .. like the master switches and position switches enabling and disabling Mp points ect.. and let us worry about tuning the vct to gain more power later ... I saw 2 file were uploaded but I don't think they are correct 100% for normal application .. moreover .. what is the best way to dial in the best drivability , fuel economy and optimum power mod tables in such swap... sorry and thanks for your efforts ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I was not tuning today Boss, but Roush supercharger, so it's same idea, i tuned one some time ago, but since here was winter, i could not finished. Today i can confir my idea of boss manifold tuning, it works. So disable IMRC, set position to 100%, disable all errors you get, disable all mapped points that reference to closed imrc and then fine tune timing and distance tables if you like.
    Im new to this how can you look at a map points and know if they referece a closed imrc?

go to engine/airflow/IMRC tab then you'll see IMRC Configuration it will tell you 0 for closed and 1 for open.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to bring this back, I'm new and was having issues with a gen3 mani, thought it was the intake, tested on a friends car, intake seem fine, thought it was the tune, tuner says is fine, behaved as if it had an intake leak, didn't find any, went back to stock gen2 mani and left alone for a while, then found a boss manifold, went to install it, uploaded the tune revision which disables the imrc and have the same erratic idle. frustrated I yanked it off and back to stock. I didn't make a log but I have the old log from the 18 mani which should be very close to it. if anybody can take a quick look and see if you can spot anything that would be a simple fix. Thanks in advance.

V2 is stock manifold with imrc
    v3 imrc disabled

edit: Just reinstalled it and went for a test drive, going lean after 5k same as it did with the ported 2018 intake.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by javieraltube; 11-11-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have the log from 5k and up?

Potential Tuner
    towards the end is where I was able to get on it, did 3rd and 4th, went very lean
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I'll update you later if it doesn't rain.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem at all.

Potential Tuner
    She went lean again... driving me crazy

Advanced Tuner
    Post log please

Potential Tuner
    Here are 2 idle logs, just finished installing the boss mani again. going to take it for a pull so I can log it, but every time it idles like this, goes lean up top, somehow its related.
    I don't think its a vacuum leak since its doing the same thing it was doing when I installed the ported 18 mani.
    boss.1st.idle.v3.1.hpl
    boss.2nd.idle.v3.1.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Sorry Bill, I was wrong, she did not go lean, so I did a second pull stayed where it was supposed to be, bank 2 was going lean at the end, but I think it when I was getting out it, cause the other bank does the same and the Throttle % drops at the same time .
    I can live with the crappy idle lol

Thank you very much

Boss.4thGear.2k-7k.V3.1.hpl
    Boss.3rd.4k-7.5k.hpl

You are picking like 3' of knock hence the low timing at top - something is hitting IMO.

Clipboard02.jpg

So I'm a little confused here.

On a gen2 coyote, it sounds like there's two ways to tune.

One, disable MP 0-13 and only tune the MP where the runners are open. Change the HW removed to open and 100%. Then change the distance table to match. The problem I have is that the Distance tables only allow me to use 0-14 for Fuel economy and Best Drivability.

Two, disable MP 14-26 and tune like it's a gen1 coyote. Change HW removed to open and 100%. Wouldn't this cause the SD tables to be all wrong on a gen2 as they are for the runners being closed?

You can also tune it different way. Disable imrc sensors and tune all mp you will see it uses. No issues this way.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl