Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Boss Manifold Tuning

One update, when you disable switches and will set default to open in removed hardware and 100% as position, you will get errors 2008 and 2011 which you have to disable. I just finished to tune supercharger in 2015 what is in many cases same as boss manifold. Drives like stock this way.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Well, this is definitely worth a shot. @tramotorsports. You going to try this as well?

Kris
    Yes, this is the route I will take on the 15 cobra jet swap. Still waiting on the car to come in. Probably be tuning on it in the next few weeks.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Senior Tuner
    After disabling mapped points I would make sure the arrays for emissions reduction, fuel economy, and optimal stability do not point at a disabled mapped point. Im going to guess the best drivability distance table uses the fuel economy array. The desired max and min loads to use the distance tables for each mode look like they transition from one to the other. Low loads using fuel economy and higher loads using drivability distance tables. Also the values in the drivability distance table are higher than the arrays for emissions and stability go up to.

IMRC is configured to be closed MP 0-13 and open MP 14-26. If you compare these MP sets for IVO and EVC you will see there is a small difference mainly toward the lower values of the sets(1-7) compared to (14-20). This shows how the VCT and IMRC is used to improve low end torque while maintaining the high end power. Switching to a different manifold you would need to revert back to how the 11-14 ecus handled mapped points, mode arrays, distance tables, and MAX/MIN load to use X mode. Seeing as IMRC will no longer exist disabling it or leaving it enabled should not matter except for maybe an engine DTC(looks like p2004-p2020). It looks easy enough to disable IMRC in tune so might as well. You should not try to or be able to copy values from an older tune as they will be different just imitate what the older ECU's did. Once you have all that sorted you can work on tweaking it for performance gains.

The ECU enters closed loop as soon as the O2 sensor reaches 150*f. If the O2 sensors heater element is working this would be with in 20 seconds of starting the car. STFT are based off your Stoich AFR compared to actual AFR being read by the wideband O2 sensor. Fuel>open&closed loop>WOT fuel> WOT lambda will show the targeted lambda vs ECT vs RPM. According to this table at 4500 rpms til 6000 rpms the targeted lambda goes from .85 to .82. stoich is 14.08 or lambda 1. multiply these and the car at WOT should try to go from 12:1 afr at 4500rpm to 11.5:1 afr at 6000rpm. What you may be seeing is not a lean condition but just this transition. What does your actual AFR from your O2 say?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    After disabling mapped points I would make sure the arrays for emissions reduction, fuel economy, and optimal stability do not point at a disabled mapped point. Im going to guess the best drivability distance table uses the fuel economy array. The desired max and min loads to use the distance tables for each mode look like they transition from one to the other. Low loads using fuel economy and higher loads using drivability distance tables. Also the values in the drivability distance table are higher than the arrays for emissions and stability go up to.

IMRC is configured to be closed MP 0-13 and open MP 14-26. If you compare these MP sets for IVO and EVC you will see there is a small difference mainly toward the lower values of the sets(1-7) compared to (14-20). This shows how the VCT and IMRC is used to improve low end torque while maintaining the high end power. Switching to a different manifold you would need to revert back to how the 11-14 ecus handled mapped points, mode arrays, distance tables, and MAX/MIN load to use X mode. Seeing as IMRC will no longer exist disabling it or leaving it enabled should not matter except for maybe an engine DTC(looks like p2004-p2020). It looks easy enough to disable IMRC in tune so might as well. You should not try to or be able to copy values from an older tune as they will be different just imitate what the older ECU's did. Once you have all that sorted you can work on tweaking it for performance gains.

The ECU enters closed loop as soon as the O2 sensor reaches 150*f. If the O2 sensors heater element is working this would be with in 20 seconds of starting the car. STFT are based off your Stoich AFR compared to actual AFR being read by the wideband O2 sensor. Fuel>open&closed loop>WOT fuel> WOT lambda will show the targeted lambda vs ECT vs RPM. According to this table at 4500 rpms til 6000 rpms the targeted lambda goes from .85 to .82. stoich is 14.08 or lambda 1. multiply these and the car at WOT should try to go from 12:1 afr at 4500rpm to 11.5:1 afr at 6000rpm. What you may be seeing is not a lean condition but just this transition. What does your actual AFR from your O2 say?
    Actual AFR from the O2 was reading lean. It would work in relation to what the o2s were reading in lambda. By the time I would let off the throttle, it was reading low 14s and getting leaner at WOT. I think I've got a idea of the issues I was experiencing. For right now, it's on hold for tuning/ testing. I will proceed sometime after the new year. Needed information this to accrue before I proceeding.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Bringing this back from the dead. Tuning will resume next week...

Bringing this back from the dead. Tuning will resume next week...
    This is going to be exciting

Advanced Tuner
    I hope so lol. I'm not particularly looking forward to tuning partial throttle VCT for the new manifold.

Im tuning boss manifold tomorrow.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice. Would you keep my thread updated with your findings? I will be porting mine early next week then tuning the remainder of the week.

Kris

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    recently tuned one around a week ago, and fueling was spot on

but you will feel a loss in torque thats for sure

you will need to disable codes as well
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Raining here so it's not gonna happen.
    www.hd-customs.pl

I will be tuning up my brothers 2015 Mustang with a Cobrajet manifold in the next few weeks. I will share what I come up with.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up eric. I should be installing my boss soon, excited to compare results!

I was not tuning today Boss, but Roush supercharger, so it's same idea, i tuned one some time ago, but since here was winter, i could not finished. Today i can confir my idea of boss manifold tuning, it works. So disable IMRC, set position to 100%, disable all errors you get, disable all mapped points that reference to closed imrc and then fine tune timing and distance tables if you like.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i didnt know there was a cobrajet manifold for the new 15 GT's
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    It should be the same manifold from the 11-14.

An update to my tuning experiences. The boss manifold was installed, WOT the car felt fantastic, I was seeing somewhere around 51.7 lb/min at 7800rpm with no VCT tuning running E20 and around 29.5-30 degrees of ignition advance. However, once you try to drive the car normally, it misfires and breaks up real bad just partial throttle driving below 3000 rpm. The interesting thing is if I drove the car at partial throttle above 3000rpm, the car drove just fine. But keeping it around 2500-2750 during cruising, it would misfire and break up really really bad. Not sure what the deal is. I'm sending the manifold to a buddy of mine who will do some more tuning and testing, see if he experiences the same issues on his car. This thing have proven to be quite a pain in the arse.

Kris

It should be the same manifold from the 11-14.

An update to my tuning experiences. The boss manifold was installed, WOT the car felt fantastic, I was seeing somewhere around 51.7 lb/min at 7800rpm with no VCT tuning running E20 and around 29.5-30 degrees of ignition advance. However, once you try to drive the car normally, it misfires and breaks up real bad just partial throttle driving below 3000 rpm. The interesting thing is if I drove the car at partial throttle above 3000rpm, the car drove just fine. But keeping it around 2500-2750 during cruising, it would misfire and break up really really bad. Not sure what the deal is. I'm sending the manifold to a buddy of mine who will do some more tuning and testing, see if he experiences the same issues on his car. This thing have proven to be quite a pain in the arse.

Kris

sounds like it's looking for IMRC. I would look into the IMRC and VVT settings more.

I think it's because you are running it in closed IMRC more while it's open
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    I think I found the issue. I change a lot of stuff to reflect how the F150 Supercharged Roush file is and I'll see what happens. Compare these two tunes in the IMRC tab and Variable Camshaft Timing tab for differences.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you post log from the problem?
    www.hd-customs.pl