Thread: Dakota Hemi 5 Speed Swap

Potential Tuner

Dakota Hemi 5 Speed Swap

So I have a two part question. 1) Can a HP Tuner flash a NGC set up to run the 545 to run a M/T without the NGC freaking out? 2) If this is possible what tuner should I buy to make it happen? All my Chevy buddies rave about HP so I was stoked when I found out they have one for the Mopar nuts out there. Thanks for the site!

Potential Tuner
    Anyone?

I can but not with HP Tuners. I would need to flash it on the bench first then you can tune it from there

Potential Tuner
    So HP Tuners lacks that capability?

I honestly think so but can't confirm 100% on that

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Hemi View Post
    So HP Tuners lacks that capability?
    If it can, it's likely that not many have tried it with HP Tuners, but if it's just a matter of the definition missing some values that need to be mapped, they will add them, if you request them. The issue is, it's up to the end user to say what they need, most of the time.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    If it can, it's likely that not many have tried it with HP Tuners, but if it's just a matter of the definition missing some values that need to be mapped, they will add them, if you request them. The issue is, it's up to the end user to say what they need, most of the time.
    Or you can ship the ecu to me and I can do it and ship it back. We would charge 149.99 + return shipping and then you can use HP Tuners to tune it.

Tuner in Training
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ne-file-needed

I think this may answer your questions. I do see that the DCT's can be disabled preventing the transmission (or lack of) from causing the engine to go into limp mode. However I have not actually tried it as I have decided to run with a 545. What 5-speed do you plan to run in the Dakota? It is up in the air on many different forums that I am on whether the engine will come back to idle or stall when stopping if you do not have a VSS signal. Some stall, some don't.
    Last edited by chasmosis1; 12-13-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmosis1 View Post
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ne-file-needed

I think this may answer your questions. I do see that the DCT's can be disabled preventing the transmission (or lack of) from causing the engine to go into limp mode. However I have not actually tried it as I have decided to run with a 545. What 5-speed do you plan to run in the Dakota? It is up in the air on many different forums that I am on whether the engine will come back to idle or stall when stopping if you do not have a VSS signal. Some stall, some don't.
    We tried disabling the dtcs on a 08 hemi challenger th400 swap, didnt do anything, hpt support said they can't do it fwiw, ecu is off to sykedtuning getting it done now

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyseng View Post
    We tried disabling the dtcs on a 08 hemi challenger th400 swap, didnt do anything, hpt support said they can't do it fwiw, ecu is off to sykedtuning getting it done now
    Different ECU. The 04-05 Ram ECU is much more forgiving......

Did you ever get this to work?