Thread: Upgrade Doesn't

Tuner in Training

Upgrade Doesn't

Downloaded 3.3.2 and ran the installer, said it was successful. But when I launch RaceRender it still shows the 3.1.3 version. This is on a mac, and show package contents of the Applications/ file shows a date in March, so it looks like its not getting written. Yes, RR was not running when I ran the installer. Clues?

Something may be blocking the install script from running successfully... We sometimes saw this intermittently when installing an upgrade on past versions of Mac OS X, but not so much with the current version.

If running the installer again doesn't solve it, then you may need to reboot the computer and try again.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm...have tried rerunning it, and rebooting and rerunning it. Still at 3.1.3. Nothing in the system log about the install, only items under a RaceRender search in console lists the startup messages of when I started it again to determine version. Any other ideas?

Ok, that's strange... I don't think anything has changed in the install script since 3.1.3. What version of Mac OS X are you running? Anything from 10.8 (Lion) and newer should work.

When you look in your Documents -> RaceRender 3 -> Templates folder, do you now have one called "Data - _3Compact.rrt"? If so, the installer is at least partially working, and it's just having trouble overwriting the main program .app file. What you could try in that case is deleting the "RaceRender 3" program in your system Applications folder, and then try installing again.

And if all else fails, I just created a manual install package that can be downloaded from here: http://RaceRender.com/RR3/RaceRender332.zip
    See the included Read Me file for install instructions... it's pretty simple on Mac.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Weston. I'm running Yosemite on a new-ish MacPro. Here is what I see in the templates Directory:

Data - _3Compact - 1.rrt
    Data - _3Compact - 2.rrt
    Data - _3Compact - 3.rrt

There is not one without the '-N' suffix.

I was able to download the zip file and copy the app file and the directory for my Documents folder. Its now reporting ver 3.2.3, so it looks like its resolved. Thanks for your help.

Tim
    Last edited by leisurehound; 12-05-2015 at 02:00 PM.

My mistake... "Data - _3Compact - 3.rrt" is the one I meant to ask about, just forgot to include the " - 3" suffix. Glad it's resolved now!