Thread: 4000 or 6000 offsets

Potential Tuner

4000 or 6000 offsets

Hi Guys,

I'm quoting this from another post to keep the original seperate.. But i've got a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    here's some:

also, *i think* that if your VIN is written to $6000-$8000 then your PCM is ready to autolearn security and it will be copied to $4000-$6000 segment? If it is already in the $4000-$6000 segment then your PCM has already autolearned and locked to the BCM. Maybe we should have a thread on this seperately.
    Do we actually know why sometimes the Seed/Key/BCC/VIN are stored at either 4000 or 6000 offsets ?

Does anyone know where the active page bit it set which specifies if its going to be stored at 4000 or 6000 offset ??

Thank

Dan.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Hi Guys,

I'm quoting this from another post to keep the original seperate.. But i've got a question.

Do we actually know why sometimes the Seed/Key/BCC/VIN are stored at either 4000 or 6000 offsets ?

Does anyone know where the active page bit it set which specifies if its going to be stored at 4000 or 6000 offset ??

Thank

Dan.
    I think it is the Flash Chip... Turns out there is 2 different flash chips in the V6 PCM's. Not to sure about the V8 stuff since I have not really tried to mess with it. There is an Intel 28F400 and some Atmel chip for the V6 PCM's. Seems when I get that bootloader error it is on a PCM that I suppect is a Atmel chip, and the VIN is usually in the 6000 range when I have this problem.

Loyde