Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Colorado 2.8 diesel

Tuning Addict
    I know I'm not of any help on this, but since my truck should finally be showing up next week, I was curious to know the gains you were getting out of this one? I don't plan on tuning it immediately for warranty reasons, but curious to mpg, hp and tq gains.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I got gains of 51hp and 150nm of torque in an auto. Haven't had mpg checked yet.

Tuner in Training
    I am in the process of picking one of these up as well. After looking at the factory tune that was posted, where the heck do you start to tune these things? What tables were the ones you changed?
    Colorado on the way.....

Hahaha it's a bit that way at first.
    Mode 1 is 2wd
    Mode 2 is 4wd high
    Mode 3 is 4wd low
    Then you have low med and high alt maps
    I firstly removed all torque limits
    I tuned mode 1 low alt for our location.
    I didn't need to adjust fuel pressure only main inj table and boost map to get the afr's safe and egt down.
    Hope this helps

Tuner in Training
    All I have been able to find is the desired fuel pressure tables with the 3 alt's and 7 modes in the fuel system tables, can't see a boost table or torque limit table to save my life.
    Colorado on the way.....

Boost table is under torque management, sc/Tc boost control, desired boost low alt
    Fuel is under fuel tab, diesel injection quantity, injector pulse width, main inj pw table 0

Tuning Addict
    I was told by a gm rep that there was fixing to be some sort of recall on the diesel colorado's? My truck was supposed to be at the dealer this last Wednesday and never showed, so not sure if the two are intertwined or not? Hopefully won't require people all ready tuning these to relicense due to an os change
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    does anybody know if its possible to disable the EGR on a 2015 rg colorado,

Potential Tuner
    Hi Bogga
    Where did you remove the torque limits from I'm having trouble working it out if I was to send you my tune would you be kind enough to have a look at it and tell were I'm going wrong.
    Should have said its a manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogga View Post
    Hahaha it's a bit that way at first.
    Mode 1 is 2wd
    Mode 2 is 4wd high
    Mode 3 is 4wd low
    Then you have low med and high alt maps
    I firstly removed all torque limits
    I tuned mode 1 low alt for our location.
    I didn't need to adjust fuel pressure only main inj table and boost map to get the afr's safe and egt down.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by LILBRT; 06-20-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Tuner in Training
    "does anybody know if its possible to disable the EGR on a 2015 rg colorado,"

Removal of the EGR was easy on the 2015 model, just find everything in the DTC's section that refers to the EGR, change them so they don't throw a code, then just unplug the EGR, I just did a 500k run with this and no issues so far.

This is better than modifying anything, as you just plug it back in and upload stock tune when servicing or claiming warranty.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LILBRT View Post
    Hi Bogga
    Where did you remove the torque limits from I'm having trouble working it out if I was to send you my tune would you be kind enough to have a look at it and tell were I'm going wrong.
    Should have said its a manual.
    I found disabling "torque shaping" makes a big difference, makes it feel snappier through the gears and launches quicker.

Tuner in Training
    i have used a blanking plate ,but not sure where to unplug it from

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey350 View Post
    i have used a blanking plate ,but not sure where to unplug it from
    Its at the back of the engine, between the rocker cover and the firewall, you don't need the blanking plate, just unplug the solenoid and disable the DTC's and that its, easy to reverse for "warranty" reasons, I have been running my 2015 like this for few months, no issues yet.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Kung foo Kamel .
    have you tuned yours as well ,boost fuel etc .ive done the auto,shifts much better ,driver demand adjustments seem to make a difference

Tuning Addict
    I'm only after better fuel economy for mine - will killing the egr cut down on regens and bump up economy - if it's like the V8's - I imagine it should, but as you've actually put some serious miles on yours - I'm curious of actual gains? I drive around 100 miles a day round trip, so after economy more than anything... Don't really care about the power gains even though it could use it up top a little... Pulling the crooked mountains that I do - it's already peppy enough - already breaks the tires loose when getting back into throttle in the steep curves... Anyway - just wondering...

Also just to clarify - GM can still see when the tune has been changed without their knowledge even if you return it to stock - as long as you don't mess with injection timing - they typically look the other way on diesels... They would actually prefer they not have all of this emission junk on them as it usually causes engine problems - was surprised when an engineer said that

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey350 View Post
    Thanks Kung foo Kamel .
    have you tuned yours as well ,boost fuel etc .ive done the auto,shifts much better ,driver demand adjustments seem to make a difference
    I have upped the boost a little, but mainly removed all torque management stuff and the EGR, I think I increased line pressures when it direct shift by about 5%, the car goes a lot better now, not sure were to start with the shift patterns, It was easy to workout with Commodore as the 4L60E's had a terrible factory shift pattern, but the Colorado seems fairly good, has so much power even down low, so transmission seems to respond well most of the time.
    Last edited by Kung-Foo-Kamel; 01-26-2017 at 10:53 PM.