Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Colorado 2.8 diesel

2015 Colorado 2.8 diesel

Looking at beta version on a 2015 2.8 Colorado. First one and not understanding the different map modes? What determines the map mode used? I understand the high, med and low altitude maps but can't see what selects the mode. Any help on this and has anyone got a mod file I can look at to compare? Thanks

So I can see map 1, 2 and 3 are different settings like sports, tow, economy but how do we know what mode it's in and how to select it?

You will need to study the tune may have to experiment.... That's the fun part.

Mike

Tuner
    How did you get on experimenting with your 2.8?
    Would you please post your stock file, I'd be interested in looking over it
    Last edited by muz79; 02-02-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Hey bud, went well. I worked out what was what with modes and maps. 3 modes are 2wd high mode 1, 4wd high mode 2 and 4wd low range mode 3. I only tuned mode 1 2wd high and low alt as we are at sea level here. I'll put up the stock file for you to look at when I can get on my laptop nxt

Got some great gains as well

Tuner
    Thanks

stock auto colorado 2.8 tune file

anyone know how to 100% calibrate maf freq on these Colorado's??? maxing this bad boy out

Tuner
    I've got the laptop in front of me, I'll have a quick look through the file

Tuner
    WOW is there some tables to play with!!

Tuner
    I guess I'd start by lowering values in the maf table by a certain percentage. Am I thinking right by saying to lower values in the table? Would that then fool the ecm into thinking it wasn't getting the airflow it needed, and would continue to full fuel further than 2700rpm? I'm not sure what if any drivability issues you would encounter down low in the rpm at light/medium load. Run it and see!!

Well this is what I'm unsure of. It's obviously the ecu is referencing load off maf for torque calculation and is measured in g/sec. Fuel tables are inj pulse time based on pressure and volume. I don't see what to scale along with the maf. Once the maf Max's out fuel doesn't get cut boost does. In saying that nothing changes, I increase commanded boost but no change. Is decreases with rpm and the afr goes rich.

How complex are these things Hahahaha, took me a bit but got my head around the maps now. I'm wondering if I just scale the maf and inj Pw table 20% and see what happens

Tuner in Training
    Bogga, I dont mean to side track the thread, but how do you like the little diesel? thinking about getting one down the road.

Tuner
    So it needs maf for VGT turbo mapping obviously.

James I love this thing, not mine tho it's a mates, thing responded really well to a tune. I see a few having issues with warranty but who doesn't these days

Yeah boost is controlled via kpa setting for fuel pressure and mm3

Tuner
    So how much have you lifted the main PW table by to get it to fuel harder? I'd lower the top end of the maf down to 200 g/sec (From 300) and blend it into the original curve (if you get what I mean)
    Last edited by muz79; 02-12-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Main Pw table is max .3ms added
    Once you lift all the torque reductions it really doesn't need much.