Thread: random knock retard, almost always less than 1

random knock retard, almost always less than 1

cab knock retard come up randomly as a false knock ? in my recent datalogs I see random knock retards of around .4 degrees at different rpms. I can do two passes back to back and not get knock on the second. What can I do to fix this? Also, I command 14 degrees at wot but im not seeing that in the datalogs. I must be missing something. Please take a look and see if you can help me. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it helps, mod include a 2002 z06, lower compression LS6, forged internals, vortec supercharger 11psi, ecs small blower cam, long tubes, no cats. 6-speed

Could I try going a stage colder on plugs to see if that helps?

No one can help? Am I asking the wrong questions maybe?

Ttt.

Tuner in Training
    I can't look at your tune or log on the computer I'm on right now, but I've had a similar issue and it was a bad tensioner pulley bearing. The knock sensor was picking up the clicking from a bad bearing. I couldn't hear it at all. Could be that, An exhaust leak, Waterpump noise, Exhaust piping tapping the chassis somewhere. Hope that helps. Good luck!!

Thanks. Please take A look when you can.
    If it is false, how do I determine what is a safe level to increase it to?
    For example. I started with 14 degrees at 4k rpm. I'm now down to 8 degrees because it keeps showing .5-1.5 knock retard.

You could lower the sensitivity of your sensors a little, I know that some people aren't a fan of doing that, but with all of your modifications you are bound to have more drivetrain noise than a factory engine.

Thanks, what I did with the global knock sensitivity, I adjusted three cells under max load from 2800-3800rpm by one higher (from 1 to 2) and now I see no more random knock retard. Minimal adjustment cleared it all out

Tuner
    ??? This one is going to be fun.