Thread: Google Map

Potential Tuner

Google Map

I am thinking of getting RaceRender to combine Video from a ca,era with details from a GPS tracker.
    What I would like to know is if anyone has ever used it to overlay a map (Google/Openstreetetc) on a video - rather than a track.
    Is this even possible?
    If so how would you do it?

Yes, this is possible with RaceRender... You would need to obtain the map image that you want to use, and then you can use RaceRender to mark the vehicle position (and optionally the driving line plot) on top of that. There are a few different ways to accomplish this, depending on what you want to do and how much control and fine-tuning you need over the process. Please see my detailed explanation on this subject here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post402015

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Weston.

I have downloaded the software but have a problem with RR recognising the datalogger file (it's here )

Is it because there is a problem with information missing from the file that RR expects - anyone know?

Thanks

Looks like it has latitude, longitude, and elevation in readable formats, but there is a problem with the timing in that file... The main indicator of that in RaceRender is that it reports this file's length as being only 0 or 1 second long.

The first track point's timestamp is 2015-06-16T17:39:45Z, but then the next one goes backwards in time 10 seconds to 2015-06-16T17:39:35Z, and each one after that continues going backward by about 10 or 11 seconds each. In order to get it working in RaceRender, the track point samples would need to be arranged in sequential order from start to end.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks - I had not noticed that.
    I will investigate further.