Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with MAF1 table in 6th GEN cal??

Whats up with MAF1 table in 6th GEN cal??

What's up with the last two cells of the table?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    It almost resembles the last cell in the MAF1 table of the 16 Z except this has a much higher value.

Yeah if you follow the red dot, it is a huge jump on the far end of the graph view. The axis jumps way up too.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I'm just wondering if its a boo boo in the file as we know we can extend it..... just weird how MAF 2 goes out deep....I'm sure in the OS there has to be a switch to point which MAF is used....

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

this one isnt like that..

6thGen_AIRFLOW.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

What's that from a stock 6th GEN cal?

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

What's the verdict on this table? I'm gonna stretch it out regardless but none the less where is the error in this?

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

There is no error. That's how it is setup from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    There is no error. That's how it is setup from the factory.
    Interesting....I guess we will fix it then..

Thanks

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Tuner in Training
    After coming across this in my stock file tonight I had the same reaction that it is an error. After seeing this thread and looking at it closer GM chose to give the maximum resolution across the actual operating range of the stock engine. Anything above that will be a linear interpolation. If you are exceeding the stock operating range by any significant amount it makes sense to modify the x axis (Hz) and refit the curve accordingly.
    Last edited by TSloper; 02-26-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Newer Fords do the same thing

Tuning Addict
    Got a really stupid question since I haven't had the luxury of maxing the MAF table on these yet.... What is the second MAF table used for in general? I know earlier platforms used the second tables for higher flow zones but both of these tables have the same hz zones and in the tunes that have both populated, they are reasonably close to being the same, SO is it possible the calibration is using the second table as a "guessed or calculated" exhaust flow calculation that most newer gens are using in their core programming for airflow in and out calculations for diagnostics and torque modeling? Probably over thinking it, but I know in my GM training days they always discussed the ecm being able to calculate exhaust flow to "more accurately" model inlet flow? Never fully understood it then - not sure I still do. I just know from the ones I've seen from the factory using the second MAF table, that they were fairly close if not slightly under the primary MAF table...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Well, this one actually has both 100% identical? Possibly just for the intake runner's being switched or something??? BUT the intake flow shouldn't change, SO I have no idea. Probably just really over thinking things?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

two maf tables for twin turbo applications.

Tuning Addict
    That would actually make sense for the ones using two MAF's, but what about the 5.3l truck above?

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    That would actually make sense for the ones using two MAF's, but what about the 5.3l truck above?
    just shared tables, the ecm never looks at the second table (as far as I can tell). there are unused tables throughout all the tune files, honestly. sort of like a "blank" button on the dash when you don't have one of the available options.

now some of the older stuff, mid 2000s, did have a high and a low MAF curve but that was different.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    just shared tables, the ecm never looks at the second table (as far as I can tell). there are unused tables throughout all the tune files, honestly. sort of like a "blank" button on the dash when you don't have one of the available options.

now some of the older stuff, mid 2000s, did have a high and a low MAF curve but that was different.
    Kind of what I thought. Just wasn't sure anymore sense everyone was talking about one table vs the other or at least has intermittently been on the forums. Then making it even more odd was the fact that some of the newer ones were actually populating the second table from the factory...

Thanks for confirming what I thought I all ready knew

~Greg Huggins~

So I'm tuning a cammed 6th gen camaro and just noticed the MAF curve jumping from 8550 to 15000hz like in the original post. Seems like fueling would be stuck with one value for the higher RPM's, please tell me I'm missing something.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    So I'm tuning a cammed 6th gen camaro and just noticed the MAF curve jumping from 8550 to 15000hz like in the original post. Seems like fueling would be stuck with one value for the higher RPM's, please tell me I'm missing something.
    If you read this thread you haven't missed anything! Just extend it by rescaling the axis and keep going.

HT

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    If you read this thread you haven't missed anything! Just extend it by rescaling the axis and keep going.

HT
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I completely missed that. I scaled it to a 2011 6.2 truck axis that I had tuned, I can't wait to see how this goes down on the dyno.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo