Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins NOW SUPPORTED

Thumbs up 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins NOW SUPPORTED

HP Tuners is proud to announce full support for 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins vehicles in the latest beta (2.25.2716 or newer).

VCM Suite is now the first complete tuning AND data-logging suite available for 2003-2005 model years.

Features include, but are not limited to:
    • Full support of fuel system. Full fueling, without quantity or pulsewidth drop, tested to 5000RPM.
    • Full control of fuel governing system including all protection factors, RPM limits, and much more!
    • Full Injection timing control with all compensators and limiters defined.
    • Full fuel pressure control with all compensators.
    • Super fast SCI datalogging support with 110+ logable parameters. Protocol is capable of over 45 updates per second.
    • Custom extended logging OS patches available to allow logging of parameters that aren't available via conventional scan tools.

This includes all vehicles equipped with the following PCMs:
    • CM845
    • CM846
    • CM848
    • CM849

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 12-10-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this!

Potential Tuner
    Now all we need is a release date because I want you to take my money now!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopwr View Post
    Now all we need is a release date because I want you to take my money now!
    If it's on here, it's released.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Ok.. What do I need to buy.. Sorry I'm a smarty user lol

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopwr View Post
    Ok.. What do I need to buy.. Sorry I'm a smarty user lol
    http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

Once you purchase, you'll have to request access to the Beta version.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Any issues reading and reloading previously tuned trucks? I know EFI Live had the issue in 06+ that would Brick the ECU. They created a repository and extra scan process to see if the truck needed a complete write with a clean file prior to loading a cal.

Wow! I didn't know you guys were even working on this!

Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Any issues reading and reloading previously tuned trucks? I know EFI Live had the issue in 06+ that would Brick the ECU. They created a repository and extra scan process to see if the truck needed a complete write with a clean file prior to loading a cal.
    Please read the tune and e-mail it to support. We plan on supporting them all, just need to make sure we've seen all types. It's certainly not an issue with 03-05.
    Last edited by Engineer@HPT; 12-10-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Wow that is awesome, I have been waiting for a reason to get setup with your guys hardware/software. I knew I was going to sooner or later when we started to get into the gas market but this has most certainly sped up the timeline for us here. Looking forward to working with you guys on this as well as future projects.

Thanks

Mitch

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys! Am i right that pre AND post injection is OFF??!! [looking at the screen shot of the data]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Hi guys! Am i right that pre AND post injection is OFF??!! [looking at the screen shot of the data]
    Those parameters look to be available for Adjustment or removal. From what i understand.

Tuner in Training
    Full control over the post and pilot injection quantity and timing are available. There has already been a couple single injection event tunes tested.

Tuner
    how about a truck tuned with another tuner? will they be like 06 up and load a corrupt stock file and not be safe to flash?
    Joe ''House'' Kupferschmid
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com

Potential Tuner
    Super newb question...... I have the gm hptuners, if I want to be able to do dodge as well I have to re buy the software and cable just for dodge?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    how about a truck tuned with another tuner? will they be like 06 up and load a corrupt stock file and not be safe to flash?
    I can't speak for 06 and newer trucks, but it's my understanding that on the 03 - 05 sci trucks, the interface won't actually read the calibration file that is currently installed in the ECM.

It will read out specific information regarding the year, the operating system, VIN number, serial number, and a few other items (such as data regarding ABS module calibration for the speed sensor calibration), and from there it will generate a stock calibration file for that truck for you to modify.

So, if you planned on reading out a smarty tune to use as a base, for example, you will not be able to do that on an 03 - 05 sci truck. You will start out with a stock calibration file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow5.3 View Post
    Super newb question...... I have the gm hptuners, if I want to be able to do dodge as well I have to re buy the software and cable just for dodge?
    No. Send an email to support requesting the Beta 2.25 software, and there ya go.

Potential Tuner
    Freaking sweet

how long is the read time supposed to take? I just read out my truck and it only took about 1 second and gave me an error saying my truck was unreadable but when I closed the error window it asked to license the file (which I declined because me thinks its not a good file) - but after I didn't license and expected nothing to be there it looks like I have a file ?

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    how long is the read time supposed to take? I just read out my truck and it only took about 1 second and gave me an error saying my truck was unreadable but when I closed the error window it asked to license the file (which I declined because me thinks its not a good file) - but after I didn't license and expected nothing to be there it looks like I have a file ?
    This is normal, you were supplied with a stock file matching your truck.