Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins NOW SUPPORTED

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please read the tune and e-mail it to support. We plan on supporting them all, just need to make sure we've seen all types. It's certainly not an issue with 03-05.
    I will pull a 07 EZ EFI truck, 04.5 Diablo Truck, and a 04 Smarty Truck to see if it works out ok.

Thanks for the support.
    2001 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, 10.8:1 SCR, TSP 233/239 113LSA, Centerforce DF 12" clutch, Rear end Brace, LPE Hardened output shaft, LPE Launch Control, Ported 243's, B&B bullets, Kooks 1 7/8 Lts, NA 446 Rwhp/406 RWTQ, Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit 725/685wtq

2006 BOM GTO M6 - Lingenfelter Maggie 112H Package, Pedder Big Bore Kit, Rear Insert, Monster Stage 3 Clutch, SLP LMII, Kooks LTs, AIS Meth Kit, 230/236 Blower Cam, 9 PSI Etc.......... 540Rwhp/542Rwtq

Only e-mail the 07 tune to support for review please. The others can be safely overwritten.

Senior Tuner
    Can you upload a stock example file for me to look at before I can get my friend to drive over with his 2004?

This is awesome...I've wanted to be able to tune the 03-05 trucks for years!!!
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

This is normal, you were supplied with a stock file matching your truck.
    so just license and then write entire? make changes to stock file (create new tune) and then write new calibration?

say I want to read out my new file after writing - is this possible or will I only be able to write to PCM?

Tuner in Training
    Of course my truck is a 08 6.7. When is that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Hi guys! Am i right that pre AND post injection is OFF??!! [looking at the screen shot of the data]
    If you want to turn either pilot or post or both off you can do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-V1HXD77U

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    No. Send an email to support requesting the Beta 2.25 software, and there ya go.
    And purchase some Dodge credits.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    so just license and then write entire? make changes to stock file (create new tune) and then write new calibration?

say I want to read out my new file after writing - is this possible or will I only be able to write to PCM?
    Read ECM.

You shouldn't get an error message. The message should say something about not being the actually file from your truck but a generated file by HPT.

When it asks you to save and license the file. Do so.

Once licensed. Modify tune and flash in.

2003-2005 ECM's are write only.
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 12-11-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Can we add custom parameters to the HPT definitions or import .bin files?

Nick

2003-2005 ECM's are write only
    this is all you had to say

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Can we add custom parameters to the HPT definitions or import .bin files?

Nick
    Not at this time, however, you can email support and they can assist with the parameter add requests.

Advanced Tuner
    Any further information on what's available with the following upgrade option:

"Custom extended logging OS patches available to allow logging of parameters that aren't available via conventional scan tools."

I'd like to know what parameters are available through this OS patch before considering purchasing the patch. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Any further information on what's available with the following upgrade option:

"Custom extended logging OS patches available to allow logging of parameters that aren't available via conventional scan tools."

I'd like to know what parameters are available through this OS patch before considering purchasing the patch. Thanks!
    The patch is free.

Apply patch to your file.

Save that file with a new name.

Close open tune/tunes.

Reopen newly saved file.

Flash in.

A similar process to applying a CSP upgrade to an EFI Cummins tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    The patch is free.

Apply patch to your file.

Save that file with a new name.

Close open tune/tunes.

Reopen newly saved file.

Flash in.

A similar process to applying a CSP upgrade to an EFI Cummins tune.
    Ah, good to know. Thank you!

I had made the assumption that it would cost credits like most OS "upgrades" for HP Tuners. My bad for assuming.

All OS enhancements have been free for a while.

Tuner in Training
    How many Dodge credits will be needed for licensing one truck?
    07' Silverado 2500HD, LMM Dmax

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy_454 View Post
    How many Dodge credits will be needed for licensing one truck?
    2 credits per truck.

Senior Tuner
    My friend and I tuned his 04 HO truck today... We've wanted to tune it for YEARS and never had a really good option... So he's gotten by with a PPE setup until now.

If anyone is curious, it's pretty hard to brick these things. My laptop had a battery issue, 35% remaining turned into 3% and then it shut down mid flash... I left the ignition on, plugged in power and tried again, no issues at all.

Also, it takes 5 minutes and 30 seconds to flash, so make sure you've got a decent battery in your laptop and truck...

Tuner in Training
    Stock flash (as far as I know) 2007 5.9L 3500, Dually, 2wd. Received a checksum error. Sending file and info log via email.

And thank for you for making the diesel tuning happen. Purchased truck earlier this year and was scared I'd have to sell out to a different camp. This is a total savior.

Tuner in Training
    Is there any possibility of switchable tuning in the future for this platform? It's awesome that we now have custom tuning capabilities for them, but it could be a bit of a hassle going back to the tuning shop every time someone needs to change between tunes for economy/performance/towing etc.