Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins NOW SUPPORTED

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by braxtonslade View Post
    Is there any possibility of switchable tuning in the future for this platform? It's awesome that we now have custom tuning capabilities for them, but it could be a bit of a hassle going back to the tuning shop every time someone needs to change between tunes for economy/performance/towing etc.
    X2 with Braxton, switching between tunes on the fly without having to do a reflash would be ideal. Don't get me wrong, happy to even have what we now though.

Just placed my order a few minutes ago and being a newb to this type of custom tuning I have a random question... Does this platform have the ability to communicate and write to the ABS Module? My prior "box" tuner had the capability to adjust the speedo for my oversized tires and curious how I will remedy this now.

Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Bail View Post
    X2 with Braxton, switching between tunes on the fly without having to do a reflash would be ideal. Don't get me wrong, happy to even have what we now though.

Just placed my order a few minutes ago and being a newb to this type of custom tuning I have a random question... Does this platform have the ability to communicate and write to the ABS Module? My prior "box" tuner had the capability to adjust the speedo for my oversized tires and curious how I will remedy this now.

Thanks in advance!
    On my '05, I have been able to adjust speedo calibration just fine.

Senior Tuner
    I noted the max set speed setting for cruise control, my buddy has wanted to increase that for years.

I increased it for him and it didn't matter, the truck still won't set the cruise above 85.

Any thoughts?

Potential Tuner
    Any work going on for the 2007.5-2009 6.7 cummins with the 68rfe?!?! I would much rather give you guys money for credits vs buying efi live.....
    Last edited by 098z28; 12-15-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Haven't had a chance to look at the file yet, but has anyone had a chance to try copy/paste on these tables into any of the timing calculators out there?

Potential Tuner
    Are there plans for the 3rd and 4th gen ECMs also (2007.5-09, 10-12 and 13-15)?
    Will transmission parameters be on the list too, specifically the 68rfe?

Tuner in Training Matt@HPTuners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I noted the max set speed setting for cruise control, my buddy has wanted to increase that for years.

I increased it for him and it didn't matter, the truck still won't set the cruise above 85.

Any thoughts?
    Can you email your .hpt file to [email protected] and I'll get a look at it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wyofreeride View Post
    Are there plans for the 3rd and 4th gen ECMs also (2007.5-09, 10-12 and 13-15)?
    Will transmission parameters be on the list too, specifically the 68rfe?
    No ETA, sorry.

Tuner in Training
    I've had some conflicting information, and want to get this clarified. This thread says that all 03-07 trucks should be supported, but elsewhere I've seen it said that in fact only the 03-05 trucks are working right now. Does the current beta software support the 06 to 07 5.9's as well?

Tuner in Training
    Say we have a Smarty or other hand held tuners on our trucks... We turn them back to stock with the hand held tuner/un marry it and pull the tune file with HP Tuners license it and save it as is. If we ever have issue with HP Tuners software for whatever reason, could we flash the stock tune file back in the truck and put our hand held tuner back on? I wouldn't think it would be a problem.... but i've never tried it and don't want to make a 700$ programmer useless to me if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by knalb View Post
    I've had some conflicting information, and want to get this clarified. This thread says that all 03-07 trucks should be supported, but elsewhere I've seen it said that in fact only the 03-05 trucks are working right now. Does the current beta software support the 06 to 07 5.9's as well?
    06-07s are also supported. There may have been a file or two which we didn't have in the original release but everything that was sent in by customers after the release has already been added and is supported in the current version of software.

Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    Say we have a Smarty or other hand held tuners on our trucks... We turn them back to stock with the hand held tuner/un marry it and pull the tune file with HP Tuners license it and save it as is. If we ever have issue with HP Tuners software for whatever reason, could we flash the stock tune file back in the truck and put our hand held tuner back on? I wouldn't think it would be a problem.... but i've never tried it and don't want to make a 700$ programmer useless to me if needed.
    Why would it render the programmer useless if you put it back to stock prior to tuning with HP Tuners? You shouldn't have any issues with the scenario you described.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Why would it render the programmer useless if you put it back to stock prior to tuning with HP Tuners? You shouldn't have any issues with the scenario you described.
    Thats what i thought but wanted to make 100% sure. Thanks for the quick response! Yet another reason i do all my stock ECU based GM tuning with HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Do I have to take my truck to a tuner whenever I want a new tune flashed or can I modify tables myself at home and flash by myself? If so what hardware and software/licenses do I need?

Also do you have a Guage display?

I ordered my vcm and just registered everything. What do I need to do to join the beta? I'm trying to get everything ready so when I receive everything in the mail I'll be ready to get straight to tuning.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AugerDickMining View Post
    I ordered my vcm and just registered everything. What do I need to do to join the beta? I'm trying to get everything ready so when I receive everything in the mail I'll be ready to get straight to tuning.
    E-mail support with your serial number and request access. They will add a link to your customer page.
    Jaime

Thank you.
    William Collins
    04.5 Billet 48re-S366-DDP 90's-HP Tuners-Dual cp3.
    SDX 2011- 611/1091 Judgment Day 2011-641/1340 2.6 class Winner

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Bail View Post

Thanks in advance!
    X3, I think it would be great to be able to switch between tunes with a switch.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    06-07s are also supported. There may have been a file or two which we didn't have in the original release but everything that was sent in by customers after the release has already been added and is supported in the current version of software.
    Mine was not initially supported. Per the instructions, sent in my file AND the VCM info, 2 days later received a response that stated to try the latest Beta release. Boom, success. Thanks for the quick turn around guys.

Now, I am new to the diesel tuning game. I understand the concept of air flow in versus fuel and it's a completely different ballgame then gas engine tuning. But trying to see how to manipulate the boost. I see the overboost protection tables, but it does appear that it would modify the boost level, just when the ECM determines overboost. I don't see MAP scaling to perform boost fooling. So at a loss as to which tables to utilizes to modify the boost and also how much it oscillates (notice mine does seem to swing up and down quite a bit once it reaches a peak value).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    My friend and I tuned his 04 HO truck today... We've wanted to tune it for YEARS and never had a really good option... So he's gotten by with a PPE setup until now.

If anyone is curious, it's pretty hard to brick these things. My laptop had a battery issue, 35% remaining turned into 3% and then it shut down mid flash... I left the ignition on, plugged in power and tried again, no issues at all.

Also, it takes 5 minutes and 30 seconds to flash, so make sure you've got a decent battery in your laptop and truck...
    Mike, any chance you have any links to resources one could use to learn more about tuning these beasts? I have a 2004.5 and would love to boost the power and or MPG a bit if possible.

David

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by David Borden View Post
    Mike, any chance you have any links to resources one could use to learn more about tuning these beasts? I have a 2004.5 and would love to boost the power and or MPG a bit if possible.

David
    There's a decent thread on Cummins forum with the basic concepts. Also found this useful.

http://www.maxxtorque.com/2009/04/ef...mmon-rail.html