Thread: 2450B Checksum Failure after flash

Tuner in Training

2450B Checksum Failure after flash

HPTuners, have you guys discovered what is causing this issue on the 2019-21 Dodge Ram ECU's?

Quote Originally Posted by slimmons2009 View Post
    HPTuners, have you guys discovered what is causing this issue on the 2019-21 Dodge Ram ECU's?
    That's not good, I hope the issue gets figured out as i've had one ECU do this and it was dead dead. I feel as though some engineer is laughing at all the bricked ECU's

Quote Originally Posted by slimmons2009 View Post
    Items on the bus network fire back online during the flash process and disrupt it, causing the issue. Sometimes it can completely screw over the ecm, corrupting the bootloader and if that happens, might as well toss the ecm into the burn pile. Sometimes it can be recovered through bench flashing.

this needs to be fixed agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P 2.0 View Post
    Items on the bus network fire back online during the flash process and disrupt it, causing the issue. Sometimes it can completely screw over the ecm, corrupting the bootloader and if that happens, might as well toss the ecm into the burn pile. Sometimes it can be recovered through bench flashing.
    the ecm is protected from being read but can be written according to efi live staff. I had the same thing happen and was able to reflash with my wii tech subscriptions through j2534. since then i purchased efi live thinking i would be able to edit and they only allow fuel curves and boost ( performance modifications ) not emissions changes which was an expensive learning experience. i was able to obtain a base map from a user on the forum and perform successful flash after attempting to read again with hp tuners so they both essentially will bring the ecm back.

i put in a support request yesterday for a base map file for editing since it seems the only issue is with reading but haven't received one back yet. hp tuners shouldn't be able to advertise coverage if there is none. hoping to either convert the .ctz file format that efi live uses to a functional .hpt file for hp useage. if anyone knows how to do this or has a direct link with someone in tech support please tell them kindly to pull their heads out of their.... the ground.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    the ecm is protected from being read but can be written according to efi live staff. I had the same thing happen and was able to reflash with my wii tech subscriptions through j2534. since then i purchased efi live thinking i would be able to edit and they only allow fuel curves and boost ( performance modifications ) not emissions changes which was an expensive learning experience. i was able to obtain a base map from a user on the forum and perform successful flash after attempting to read again with hp tuners so they both essentially will bring the ecm back.

i put in a support request yesterday for a base map file for editing since it seems the only issue is with reading but haven't received one back yet. hp tuners shouldn't be able to advertise coverage if there is none. hoping to either convert the .ctz file format that efi live uses to a functional .hpt file for hp useage. if anyone knows how to do this or has a direct link with someone in tech support please tell them kindly to pull their heads out of their.... the ground.
    If you post the file, I'll try to convert it to HPT. I can't guarentee it will work, but it might.

Tuner in Training
    Let me know exactly what you need files for and I can help you out.

Tuner in Training
    I have tried to recover this ECM with everything available on the market today and nothing has been able to work. WiTech, CalTerm, Dimsport, AlienTech and so many more.

Tuner in Training
    thats not everything lol.. send [email protected] an email.. he can do it for you. by the way when you go to flash dodge's, you need to look at the ecm part number.
    68363277AA = 2019-2021 (patchable - can be flashed with modified tunes)
    68363277AB = 2022 (locked - can only be flashed with 100% stock tunes)
    68575279AA - 2023 (locked - can only be flashed with 100% stock tunes)

hp tuners Ive had crappy luck flashing them. need to use efi live..

Tuner in Training
    Powerstroke customs finally cracked the 22-23 dodges.