Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 03-05 SCI Scanner Information

Tuner in Training
    I have done the typical windows reboot, and no change.

Tuner in Training Matt@HPTuners's Avatar
    You'll need you to send your debug.dat file (located in Documents\HP Tuners\Settings) to [email protected] and we'll look into this issue.

Thanks,
    Matt

Tuner
    Matt I noticed a bug with this as well... I've had to click disconnect vehicle and reconnect multiple times to get the values i have saved to show up and log... sometimes that works. Sometimes i have to disconnect the vehicle, and click start scanning which then pulls it up.

Should i get the debug log for you as well?

The other thing that helps is installing the newest version of 2.25 every day... they come out with so many new releases...
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-14-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Matt I noticed a bug with this as well... I've had to click disconnect vehicle and reconnect multiple times to get the values i have saved to show up and log... sometimes that works. Sometimes i have to disconnect the vehicle, and click start scanning which then pulls it up.

Should i get the debug log for you as well?

The other thing that helps is installing the newest version of 2.25 every day... they come out with so many new releases...
    These are software support issues that I probably can't help you with. Try sending in an email with an exact way to replicate the problem and we'll be sure to look at it.

Thanks,
    -Matt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HPTuners View Post
    You'll need you to send your debug.dat file (located in Documents\HP Tuners\Settings) to [email protected] and we'll look into this issue.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Sent it in. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    So, what kind of response time should we expect from support@(considering that the software is still "beta")? I'm not expecting an immediate fix, but an acknowledgement that someone is looking into it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by knalb View Post
    So, what kind of response time should we expect from support@(considering that the software is still "beta")? I'm not expecting an immediate fix, but an acknowledgement that someone is looking into it would be nice.
    I personally assigned your task to the right person. You will hear from them when the fix is ready.

Thanks,

Matt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HPTuners View Post
    I personally assigned your task to the right person. You will hear from them when the fix is ready.

Thanks,

Matt
    Great, thanks for the update! If you guys need anything from me at all, just let me know.

Pilot Inj Timing
    Post Fuel Rate
    Post Inj Timing
    Pilot Timing Correction Reason
    Post Timing Correction Reason
    Main Timing Correction Reason
    Protection Factor Reason
    Post Fuel Correction Reason
    Pilot Fuel Correction Reason
    Fuel Pressure Correction Reason
    Torque Control Correction Reason
    Air Density Table A
    Air Density Table B

Are all of these PIDs available to all years? I have an early 04 with the cm848 and I can only bring up the following from that list:

Pilot Inj Timing
    Post Fuel Rate
    Post Inj Timing

I have tried pulling a new stock file, apply the patch, and then reload it. Doing that didn't change anything, still just those same 4 PIDs. I also tried deleting all of the vehicles in the scanner folder as was mentioned earlier and that didn't change anything either. The rest of those correction reasons would be really nice to have.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    Pilot Inj Timing
    Post Fuel Rate
    Post Inj Timing
    Pilot Timing Correction Reason
    Post Timing Correction Reason
    Main Timing Correction Reason
    Protection Factor Reason
    Post Fuel Correction Reason
    Pilot Fuel Correction Reason
    Torque Control Correction Reason
    Air Density Table A
    Air Density Table B

Are all of these PIDs available to all years? I have an early 04 with the cm848 and I can only bring up the following from that list:

Pilot Inj Timing
    Post Fuel Rate
    Post Inj Timing

I have tried pulling a new stock file, apply the patch, and then reload it. Doing that didn't change anything, still just those same 4 PIDs. I also tried deleting all of the vehicles in the scanner folder as was mentioned earlier and that didn't change anything either. The rest of those correction reasons would be really nice to have.
    The '06-'07 CAN trucks don't have the PIDs available(at the very least my controller anyway), and there is currently no ETA for addition. Yours probably should have them though. Send an email to support and see what they say about it.

Tuner
    I'm using the latest 3.0.37 and have lost parameters in my logging. I have applied the OS patch but still can't get them. They are greyed out in my log, For instance I can no longer log pilot or post timing. I can still log pilot and post duration though

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    I'm using the latest 3.0.37 and have lost parameters in my logging. I have applied the OS patch but still can't get them. They are greyed out in my log, For instance I can no longer log pilot or post timing. I can still log pilot and post duration though
    I've had the issue as well. Couldn't log pilot timing just duration.

Try hitting "Repoll For Supported Parameters" in the Vehicle menu.

-Matt

Tuner
    I am new to HP Tuners. I have a 05 and i was wondering why HP does not show the boost with the right values? It shows boost but its way off at an idle it shows me having 12 Psi boost. On a side note my other question is how do you use your logs to fix your tuning? I was told there is a way where it gives you tuning suggestions.

Advanced Tuner
    Your boost value includes atmospheric. So your boost at your elevation you need subtract 12psi from recorded value to get your actual boost.
    I don't know where you heard that the scanner gave tuning recommendations but it is not true.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2000 View Post
    I am new to HP Tuners. I have a 05 and i was wondering why HP does not show the boost with the right values? It shows boost but its way off at an idle it shows me having 12 Psi boost. On a side note my other question is how do you use your logs to fix your tuning? I was told there is a way where it gives you tuning suggestions.
    Scanner shows absolute pressure, not boost gauge pressure.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by superwagon View Post
    Your boost value includes atmospheric. So your boost at your elevation you need subtract 12psi from recorded value to get your actual boost.
    I don't know where you heard that the scanner gave tuning recommendations but it is not true.
    Ok thank you i'm in Colorado. I will give that a try.

Tuner in Training
    I can't seem to get the patch to apply
    SOLD - 05.5 3500 5.9 | G56 | CM848 ECU | HPT "Pretty Fast" Tune | FASS 95 | Custom 5in Intake | Straight 4in |
    SOLD - 08 F450 6.4 | 5R110W | Modified | ? Tow Tune | Custom 4" |

New - 12 Ram 4500 6.7 | G56 | CM2200 | RaceMe | Straight 4" | K&N Drop in

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by poulioteri View Post
    I can't seem to get the patch to apply
    How are you verifying that the patch hasn't been applied?

Tuner in Training
    The additional PID'S don't show up after deleting vehicle data file and repolling vehicle. Just installed 3.0.44.
    SOLD - 05.5 3500 5.9 | G56 | CM848 ECU | HPT "Pretty Fast" Tune | FASS 95 | Custom 5in Intake | Straight 4in |
    SOLD - 08 F450 6.4 | 5R110W | Modified | ? Tow Tune | Custom 4" |

New - 12 Ram 4500 6.7 | G56 | CM2200 | RaceMe | Straight 4" | K&N Drop in