Thread: C7 ZO6 Tuning Issue with WOT AFR

Tuner in Training

C7 ZO6 Tuning Issue with WOT AFR

Working on tuning a stock c7 ZO6 A8 and with the stock tune it was running as rich as 10.1 and making around 525 horse, also had a lot of knock which I see is normal in the C7s. I have tuned base c7s without issue both NA and Supercharged LT1. My commanded AFR is 10.45 under what and EQ Ratio is set to .740 during the pull. I have turned off knock enrichment as well as setting PE all the way to .990 in the tune, I have logged to make sure it does not think it is e85 as well. I am running 93 octane. The DD is also weird in comparison to a stock C7 and stock Z06 loaded from the repository and normal 100% values are in the 500 to 600 range and these are in the 14,000 to 8,000 range. I tried to copy and paste another stock DD table in there and the car idled fine but would not rev up. Stock the car is very laggy and almost pops when you rev it in park, when driving and you go full throttle then let out it keeps going WOT for a second, feels very unsafe. I have attached my stock tune, one of many modified tunes as well as a log from the stock dyno pull as well as config that I used. Any help would be great at this point.

C7new.cfg
    c7z06stock1.hpl
    2015c7z06a7testcarpullout.hpt
    2015c7z06a7testcarPower2.hpt

The DD table is any axle tq or kilowatts... Axle tq being the higher values...
    I shoot for around .84 lambda in boosted Gen 5 motors

Be careful on these engines if you don't know what your doing!!!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    I would set both your PE GAS and Alcohol the same. the E92 pcm's love to mess with us
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    You have to disable COT enrichment. You will fight yourself for hours if you dont. Leave the DD tables stock.
    We have been busy at the shop moving. Thats why I haven't had time to respond to the emails you sent Bryan. Email me directly [email protected]
    Last edited by Sam88gta1; 12-23-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Tuner in Training
    do not disable CAT OVER TEMP with the stock cats, unless you keep it rich with PE

Quote Originally Posted by josh@lashway View Post
    do not disable CAT OVER TEMP with the stock cats, unless you keep it rich with PE
    True that meltdown

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Advanced Tuner
    Either way you have to correct the airfuel to make power. I have never melted a stock cat because of tuning off COT and correcting the airfuel.