Thread: Base Roms for 05 2500 G56 Diesel

Tuner

Base Roms for 05 2500 G56 Diesel

Hi HP Tuners,

Do you see your team providing specific Roms where we can force a full rewrite to start from scratch...

Previous tuners on these old trucks have left issues like Checksum C-Codes that can never be fixed....

I Think it would be a great start to support some specific roms per year if possible.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Hi HP Tuners,

Do you see your team providing specific Roms where we can force a full rewrite to start from scratch...

Previous tuners on these old trucks have left issues like Checksum C-Codes that can never be fixed....

I Think it would be a great start to support some specific roms per year if possible.

Thanks!
    HPT already does this for 03-05. Simply read your tune and that's what you will get.

Tuner
    So by reading my tune wouldn't i get the Stock rom off the truck, and not a stock rom provided by your team that is 100% compatible with your definition files? Or is that out of scope for this? I only ask because currently I have chec sum issues from someone putting a tuner on it before i bought it... If your base file was compatible with my truck and had the correct file/checksum i could simply reflash over my current map, and start using the HP tuner immediately. The answer could be that each rom is unique... Im just not sure yet as i cant get the rom off the truck.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    So by reading my tune wouldn't i get the Stock rom off the truck, and not a stock rom provided by your team that is 100% compatible with your definition files? Or is that out of scope for this? I only ask because currently I have chec sum issues from someone putting a tuner on it before i bought it... If your base file was compatible with my truck and had the correct file/checksum i could simply reflash over my current map, and start using the HP tuner immediately. The answer could be that each rom is unique... Im just not sure yet as i cant get the rom off the truck.
    They mentioned in another thread that the 03-05 cannot be read so they pull some configuration info to provide you with the correct base file for your app.
    Jaime