Thread: Read Entire VCM 5-6 Min?

Read Entire VCM 5-6 Min?

When I try to read entire VCM the busy light on the MPVI flashes RED and the stats window will say Read Time Out off and on but will complete in about 5:40. I have tryed this on multiple vehicles with the same results

What the heck

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like its going into slow speed mode for some reason...I've only personally had this happen once when I was reading a vehicle with electrical problems and was running under 11.5v
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
    When I try to read entire VCM the busy light on the MPVI flashes RED and the stats window will say Read Time Out off and on but will complete in about 5:40. I have tryed this on multiple vehicles with the same results

What the heck

That does not make any sense because we don't use the red led (ERR) during normal read/write/scan (pass through mode).

Please email support with the complete specs of your laptop, how you have everything hooked up in the vehicle and a VCM Suite info log while connected to the vehicle.

-Ken

I was going by memory. I just checked its an Amber colored busy light witch I think is normal. It seems like it running in high speed mode. The timer stops and says read time out.

I all ready emailed support with no respone thats why I posted it here.

It does complete so I guess i'll just live with it.

Once again thanks for the excelent customer service
    Last edited by 1slowsilverado; 04-11-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The Busy light flashing periodically during use is normal.

It almost sounds like something is interrupting the read/write process. We have seen a few issues with Onstar and modified stereo systems.

I was doing some work on an H2 with an aftermarket sound system and could not program the thing until I pulled the stereo fuse. I think may be related to aftermarket amplifiers, but never did get a chance to figure it out.

-Ken

I have run into multiple vehicles with aftermarket head units that give me read/write nightmares. One completely crapped out the PCM & I had to save it and then re-program it on the bench.

Apparently some aftermarket radios have a device they put inline to simulate the stock radio being in place. The d&mn thing won't stop talking on the bus. If you have an aftermarket radio, this is the first place to look.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!