Thread: 2011 Ford Ecoboost

Potential Tuner

2011 Ford Ecoboost

Newbie here... Have yet to purchase the VCM Suite, trying to figure this out first... but will order the VCM suite Pro.

I would like some help.

I have a 2011 Ford Ecoboost. About 6 months ago I had an issue with the intercooler and took it to the dealer. When they gave me back the truck the service rep said they reflashed the PCM because they said they had a newer file from Ford and my computer needed an upgrade.

So fast forward to yesterday when I took my truck to a friend to have him mod the truck. He was unable to tune with an HP tuner. It showed the tune was in but when I test drove it there was no difference. My friend thinks because of the reflash by the dealer it changed the PCM code thus not able to install the tune.

I am sorry if I am not using the correct lingo here as I am still learning about all this.

What can I do to get my truck to take a tune?

Please let me know if you need more info.

To my knowledge, we have no way of 'locking' the tune per-se, nor making the factory ECU untunable/readable by doing PCM updates with the OE equipment. I'm familiar with the update they performed on your truck, and it should bear no issue on tuning it with HP Tuners.

If your friend was able to read/write the tune successfully with HP, then it's on there. It would be helpful from here, if you could have your friend post the original tune he read from the truck, and the current tune installed on the truck. This will aid us in helping you more.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw