Thread: 6.4L PS Tuning Credits Question

6.4L PS Tuning Credits Question

So if a X company, had X tunes that I wanted to purchase, Will the tuning company have to buy credits to create the tunes? will I have to buy credits for me to use X tunes I bought from X company to license the tunes to my PCM?

Essentially paying for double the credits?

Thanks
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Banned
    If you bought a PRO/STD interface it comes with 8 credits. So you spend nothing extra out of pocket.

If you tuner/dealer is a mass tuner, then they pay 0 credits out of pocket if they have unlimited licenses for that make model.
    Last edited by MattH@HPTuners; 12-25-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    If you bought a PRO interface it comes with 8 credits. So you spend nothing extra out of pocket.

If you tuner/dealer is a mass tuner, then they pay 0 credits out of pocket if they have unlimited licenses for that make model.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply by any chance does the standard edition come with any credits to start of with?
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the reply by any chance does the standard edition come with any credits to start of with?
    Standard comes with 8 credits.

Matt any plan to offer an unlimited license for the powerstrokes? I dont see it listed on the license page yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    If you bought a PRO/STD interface it comes with 8 credits. So you spend nothing extra out of pocket.

It's my understanding that there is not any tunershop packages other than Gen3 and Gen4? Can you explain the tunershop packages. The info on the website is not very clear. I am looking into purchasing tunershop/stream soon. Should I contact support for more info?

Thanks
    Mike

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    It's my understanding that there is not any tunershop packages other than Gen3 and Gen4? Can you explain the tunershop packages. The info on the website is not very clear. I am looking into purchasing tunershop/stream soon. Should I contact support for more info?

Thanks
    Mike
    I think the help file has some further info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    I think the help file has some further info on it.
    The tunershop package was an option to purchase unlimited tuning support for a larger group of vehicles. This was offered for GM vehicles equipped with Gen3 and Gen4 engines as well as early Duramax.
    The 6.4L Powerstroke will be licensed per vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    The tunershop package was an option to purchase unlimited tuning support for a larger group of vehicles. This was offered for GM vehicles equipped with Gen3 and Gen4 engines as well as early Duramax.
    The 6.4L Powerstroke will be licensed per vehicle.
    This means if a tune is bought from another shop. A email tune. Then the shop and the vehicle owner will have to purchase credits for the powerstrokes?

Advanced Tuner
    Hopefully hptuners will come up with a better licensing option for remote tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by css View Post
    This means if a tune is bought from another shop. A email tune. Then the shop and the vehicle owner will have to purchase credits for the powerstrokes?
    Correct