Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA 6 Speed manual conversion HELP! URGENT! Almsot finished

Potential Tuner

Question BA 6 Speed manual conversion HELP! URGENT! Almsot finished

Now im not sure if this is a transmission, tune or electrical ussie so sorry if the post is in the wrong place.
    I've done 99% of my auto to manual conversion car starts and drives.

in the car i have bigger injectors, fuel pump, valve springs and intercooler.

-ECU changed to a manual 6 speed one out of a BA
    -6 speed installed with new heavy duty clutch + flywheel
    -Manual tailshaft installed
    -Pedals installed and hooked up
    -clutch fluid reservoir installed
    -shifter installed and selects gears fine
    -speedo cable from a 6 speed is wired into the 4 speed loom and works fine
    -reverse lights from a 6 speed are wired into the 4 speed loom and works fine
    -neutral switch is bridged so i can start the car in any gear and works fine
    -rest of the automatic wires are not plugged into anything or bridged onto each other.

My issue is that the car will NOT go over 45km/h!
    The car runs 100% fine, idles fine and accelerates fine until 45km/h and it will not go over no matter even if you drop the clutch.

NOTES: I had a custom tune on the old auto ECU and unmarried my SCT Tuner from that and uploaded the tune to the manual ECU SUCCESSFULLY, would that have an effect on it since it was done when the car was automatic causing it to not go over 45km/h?
    When i flash the car back to stock using the SCT XCAL 4 it will barely idle will barely accelerate, backfires and smokes bad! (this may be dew to the injectors not being able to go low enough to suit the stock tune not 100% sure)

I had 3 guys come out and reprogram the ECU to the immobilizer and PCM and it went fine they all hooked up so i doubt that is the issue
    I tried different ECU's out of a 6 speed manual BA turbo and had the same issues.

When i use an OBD II to scan the car it comes up with issues relating the AUTOMATIC transmission f.jpge.jpgd.jpgc.jpgb.jpg

NOW my questions are. If there is a MANUAL ECU installed and hooked up to the PCM and BCM how is the OBD II coming up with automatic issues???? is it dew to the custom tune being from an automatic? Or are they coming directly from the PCM meaning its not hooked up properly and thinks its an auto still? Also what is the deal with 45km/h??
    Last edited by Hussy1991; 12-24-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Would need to see the base tunes before & after & then to confirm with what is actually in it!

Potential Tuner
    as in open it up on the computer and have a look at what is going on with the tunes? i'm no professional so bare with me sorry

Not sure if im reading it right but you have the auto's tune flashed into the manual ecu? If so that will most likely cause heaps if problems. Just leave the manual ecu with its original tune in it and copy over your injector data. Is the manual ecu a turbo ecu? If not it may just be easier to stick with auto ecu just change the transmission type and forget about the lockout solenoid

The short of the long of this thread is the poor lad needs someone with HPT to help him do it as he doesn't have the hardware and has been given the run around by other shops

If ur local to him put ya hand up and give him some time if you can, I'm sure he will make it worth your while if you can pull it off

Now where was your location again OP
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VXSS View Post
    Not sure if im reading it right but you have the auto's tune flashed into the manual ecu? If so that will most likely cause heaps if problems. Just leave the manual ecu with its original tune in it and copy over your injector data. Is the manual ecu a turbo ecu? If not it may just be easier to stick with auto ecu just change the transmission type and forget about the lockout solenoid
    Yes the ECU is out of a manual 6 speed turbo BA and the Custom tune currently installed if from when the car was automatic. I really have no clue about the technical side of things as i have ZERO tuning experience besides using the XCAL SCT 4. i wouldn't even know what a lockout solenoid is.. ill do some google searches about it

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    The short of the long of this thread is the poor lad needs someone with HPT to help him do it as he doesn't have the hardware and has been given the run around by other shops

If ur local to him put ya hand up and give him some time if you can, I'm sure he will make it worth your while if you can pull it off

Now where was your location again OP
    Well if somebody could come out or ill drive to you at 45km/h haha like you said, i would defiantly make it worth your while if you're confident you can do it! i am located in Heidelberg, Melbourne
    Last edited by Hussy1991; 12-25-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you can get the car to my workshop in Cheltenham (near Southland shopping centre) with what tunes you have & whatever pcm's I should be able to sort something out for you, will just need to license at least 1 of the pcm's!

I'm at the workshop all over holiday period, pm if your interested!

Tuner in Training
    I'm also happy to help in Kilsyth if it falls through with Grant LS1

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nfs View Post
    I'm also happy to help in Kilsyth if it falls through with Grant LS1
    Thanks bud, going to see grant tomorrow I got high hopes the thing will be running tomorrow! If all fails I'll give you a pm

Advanced Tuner
    Good stuff. Ralph Wiggum from the turbo forum here.

Grant will sort you out I'm sure, Grant if you need any info (or a ba2 stock m6 tune) sing out, you have my details.

Potential Tuner
    ok guys all sorted! Grant LS1 went out of his way to give me a chop out today and couldn't be happier!
    the auto tune i was flashing onto the manual ECU stuffed everything up! Grant LS1 threw a stock manual tune on the car and tweaked the bigger injectors so it idles and runs right
    Looking forward to a full custom tune to squeeze out the power its holding back
    big thank you to everyone,
    specially Grant LS1 and Ralph Wiggum aka hiddeous

if anyone has any questions about the 4 speed auto to 6 speed manual conversion just give me a PM and ask away xoxoxo

Advanced Tuner
    Well done lads, good result.... If I step back and squint a little...this reads like a new avengers trailer...#HPAVENGERSASSEMBLE lol
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Hi guys I have the same problem with my ba auto to manual conversion but I have not changed ecu yet what was done to fix the problem do I need someone with the software to disable the automatic and the plug to do it? I'm in Hamilton new Zealand

Advanced Tuner
    You don't need to change the pcm. Just get the correct adjustments made to suit a manual transmission

So how do I do that ?

With mine I disabled the automatic under trans-general-automatic and that stopped it from limiting etc angle/rpms. You would need someone with hp tuners to do this.

Advanced Tuner
    I find it easier so long as you have 1 obviously to flash a manual calibration from the same OS setup, but no matter what you need someone with tuning software unless you did use a different PCM & then link it up!

Thanks guys does anyone know anyone in mid/ upper north island New Zealand with the software and equipment? I can't afford to buy hptuners at the moment being a solo parent just trying to get by

Advanced Tuner
    Jump on the Forced ford forums facebook page and put the word out. There was a guy from NZ who was doing a bit of tuning with HP, he contacted me for some ZF info but I can't recall his name.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Jump on the Forced ford forums facebook page and put the word out. There was a guy from NZ who was doing a bit of tuning with HP, he contacted me for some ZF info but I can't recall his name.
    May have been me I am driving the 400km to come help the Scott out..Was going some of the way anyway. See you Saturday Scott.
    Cheers
    Mat