Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BA 6 Speed manual conversion HELP! URGENT! Almsot finished

Tuner in Training
    Is there anyway of Knowing what OS the PCM is running before hand (without being connected) so I can at least find a Manual one on that OS in advance? eg VIN number or code on the side of the PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    the code on the side of the PCM is the easiest way & there is a listing with bullet performance racing that has them fairly well laid out, not 100% but close enough in most cases!

Tuner in Training

Looking for a Manual gearbox Table for the following

The PCM I am converting to manual is
    Code , Model, File name, Make, Part Number, Module Type, Turbo, Engine Size, TRANS
    A3AA , BA , ???????? , FALCON, 3R23-12A650-AAA, ABU-242, N, 4.0L, A

A3BC, BA, HAANCB4, FALCON, 3R23-12A650-ABC, ABU-241, N, 4.0L, M

HAS anyone got a OS like the second one which should be close., Or one that is for the same module as this one?

Advanced Tuner
    If nobody else replies & post something up then I can send you something tomorrow, have you got the original auto tune read off the pcm?

Tuner in Training

Looking for a Manual gearbox Table for the following

Thanks Grant, Got it sorted see attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Let Me Know if you have any drama's with fault codes & need an actual manual file!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm surprised it doesn't have any fault codes logged with looking for auto device references seeing there was no DTC's masked/disabled & just the 3 flag's changed & TCC altered in 1 table, but if it works thats awesome!

Tuner in Training
    it actually cleared up another couple of other issues the guy was experiencing which included the powertrain light on the dash, the remaining fuel was all over the place as was the gauge, but the 80km to empty warning changed every time he started it.

I'm 420 km away again so if he wants to check trouble codes again after doing a couple of runs I suggest he log these.
    Is there a interface he can use to log data without having to buy a full VCM Suite kit? or do I need to send mine over again to log problems if any?

Advanced Tuner
    i was under the impression that disabling the auto under the trans tab also disables any associated DTCs?
    ive never gone in and disabled them all and dont recall them coming up.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah HPT do a scanner only version, but it's only $100 us less than the unit with 8 credits so may as well pay the extra & get the credits...

Not sure with ford controllers, but I know for certain with the older ALDL commodore they had to be masked if used an auto calibration in a manual.