Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions

Advanced Tuner

Any suggestions

I am having problems with displaying the 2.25 scanner screen (2.24 works fine) the screen indicates Gauge, Graph and plot Vs.Time but they are all greyed out . HP Tuners support suggested I upgrade my ram which I did and and it worked for 10 minutes and then returned to the original greyed out problem. Can anyone offer any suggestions.

Attachment 52190
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Yeh i can help ....

FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    No wonder they call you the "RIDDLER”!
    Good to see you back as usual, for a while there I thought they may have permanently knocked the wind out of your sails, so to speak.

Pft please hahaha life's to short to be serious all the time

Honestly I'm no help as I don't even look at the HPT scanner, i think i did when i got it years ago but because it didn't do anything it's ended up in the "don't go there" basket

What are you trying to log anyway ?
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    It's a VX Gen3 from the look of it & not really the place to post about it but I haven't had any issues with logging GM or Ford stuff in either 2.24 or 2.25 & don't use a strong processed or ram type laptop!

Advanced Tuner
    This is probably not going to go down well but simply I do not believe the simulated dyno enviroment is the optimum place to tune a car.

This leaves only one option accurate data logging under actual operating conditions, while the 2.25 scanner shows great promise unfortunately it currently does not allow this and does not even cover the basics for tuning the Australian fords.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure what your trying to say, from your screen shot it shows a commodore attached?

But I have road tuned & logged GM & Ford with 2.24 & 2.25 & no issues on older laptops with basic ram?

When you have done both street tuning and dyno tuning in a decent amount you will quickly learn why a dyno environment is the only way to do 95% of tuning
    I always log before and after on the street as you need to but seat of the pants dyno can't pick up the 5/10/15rwkw gains that a dyno can display

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    It's a VX Gen3 from the look of it & not really the place to post about it but I haven't had any issues with logging GM or Ford stuff in either 2.24 or 2.25 & don't use a strong processed or ram type laptop!
    It was a copy of a screen shot I sent originally to support the same applies to the Fords which is what I need it for so this is why I considered this to be the appropriate place to ask/post. My desktop displays 2.5 fine and another spare older laptop running XP works fine also, all laptops including the problem lap top running Win 7 works with no problems on 2.24.

It would appear it is my lap top not 2.25 I was just hoping someone may have an explanation before I buy another lap top.
    Last edited by Yortt; 12-28-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    When you have done both street tuning and dyno tuning in a decent amount you will quickly learn why a dyno environment is the only way to do 95% of tuning
    I always log before and after on the street as you need to but seat of the pants dyno can't pick up the 5/10/15rwkw gains that a dyno can display

The 1/4 mile times eliminate the seat of the pants feel however I do appreciate it is not practical for all tunes to be done this way.

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Honestly I'm no help as I don't even look at the HPT scanner, i think i did when i got it years ago but because it didn't do anything it's ended up in the "don't go there" basket
    You should give it another try, you're really missing out.

On the Fords, our scanner is faster than any of the other scanners out there, by a huge margin.

It is likely the fastest Dodge scanner available.

And, in many cases, the fastest GM scanner available.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    It would appear it is my lap top not 2.25 I was just hoping someone may have an explanation before I buy another lap top.
    What are your laptop specs? What windows operating systems?

At a minimum, I'd try installing all pending windows updates.
    Also, update your Microsoft .NET to the latest version (4.5 or newer) with all service packs.

Advanced Tuner
    What are your laptop specs? ........Processor 1.66gh.....RAM 2GB .....32bit
    What windows operating systems? ..........Win 7 starter

At a minimum, I'd try installing all pending windows updates......... All current updates have been applied
    Also, update your Microsoft .NET to the latest version (4.5 or newer) with all service packs. .........It is currently running 4.5.2

Potential Tuner
    It was a copy of a screen shot I sent originally to support the same applies to the Fords which is what I need it for so this is why I considered this to be the appropriate place to ask/post. My desktop displays 2.5 fine and another spare older laptop running XP works fine also, all laptops including the problem lap top running Win 7 works with no problems on 2.24.

Hi Yortt,
    I work in computer support and I am in Sydney.
    If you like I will look at it for you.

Yortt,

Please contact our technical support email and they will resolve this issue for you.

Regards,

Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    You should give it another try, you're really missing out.

On the Fords, our scanner is faster than any of the other scanners out there, by a huge margin.

It is likely the fastest Dodge scanner available.

And, in many cases, the fastest GM scanner available.
    Keith, you might want to check before you make this comment. On the Australian Fords the scanner does not have DMRs defined yet, so until then the scanner is pretty much at the back end of the field. It does not even log injector pulse width which a $5 app like Torque can do.

Perhaps the statement should read

On a few Fords, our scanner is faster than any of the other scanners out there, by a huge margin.

Advanced Tuner
    Oztuner

Thanks for the offer much appreciated, however it looks like support may have a resolve this time around so I will follow it up with them.
    Last edited by Yortt; 12-30-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Yortt,

Please contact our technical support email and they will resolve this issue for you.

Regards,

Eric
    Thanks Eric will do.

Potential Tuner
    Oztuner

Thanks for the offer much appreciated, however it looks like support may have a resolve this time around so I will follow it up with them.
    You are welcome.
    If it's not sorted out, let me know and I will help.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Keith, you might want to check before you make this comment. On the Australian Fords the scanner does not have DMRs defined yet, so until then the scanner is pretty much at the back end of the field. It does not even log injector pulse width which a $5 app like Torque can do.

Perhaps the statement should read

On a few Fords, our scanner is faster than any of the other scanners out there, by a huge margin.
    Well, as far as I know, our scanner is the fastest on all fords.

The missing DMR's will not affect the rate at which our scanner engine works, and I know Eric is actively working on adding those DMR's for you guys, so it shouldn't be much longer.