Thread: 2014 Gen 5 swap not running

Tuner in Training

2014 Gen 5 swap not running

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 5.3 gen 5 engine/trans swap nearly done except well, it doesn't run. I am using the factory fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump module and fuel pump assembly to minimize aftermarket influence. I've modified the wiring harness go into an aftermarket fuse block and made each circuit like it was factory. I have eliminated all of the basic wires from the harness, and double checked each wire that was unused. ECU has vats disabled, read out ECU and verified VATS2 is disabled and still come up with the same problem, not running or even trying to run.

OBD port has pins 4,5,6,14 and 16 present
    wakeup signal is ignition power from the ignition relay, which goes to ECU and Fuel pump module

Diagnostics performed:
    Verified all power output from fuse block and ok.
    The fuel pump module is not operating the fuel pump. If pins 1 and 2 of the fuel pump are powered/grounded, it operates (you can also hear the pump hum). Tried to cranked engine and still not running with fuel pump jumped. - not the fuel pump
    Removed fuel pump module from stock 2014 Silverado and installed mine, and it works - not the fuel module
    Using VCM controls, I am unable to make the fuel pump operate when giving it 1-99% PWM.
    Ohm'd all wires and verified circuits to fuel pump module and ok

I am very confident that the wiring is solid and spot on as its only a few wires to the ecu and transmission that require power. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck
    thanks
    clint
    Last edited by ZJM861; 12-30-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Last idea I had was get another 2014 Silverado, remove the ECU, take mine change the vin number to match the other 2014 Silverado and see if our ecu runs... only don't know if all 2014 ecu's are the same... likely right?