Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    User defined inputs are already active in 2.25. If you have a specific wideband you want added, get in the Scanner thread and let Keith know. He's trying to add them natively to make it easier for users to share configs.
    Ok I will try that, but I was under the impression that this was to accomodate standard settings for a specific brand of wideband, my set up is a one off therefore the benefits of User Defined inputs solves my problem I.E. 2.24
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Ok I will try that, but I was under the impression that this was to accomodate standard settings for a specific brand of wideband, my set up is a one off therefore the benefits of User Defined inputs solves my problem I.E. 2.24
    It's working either way, and is much faster than 2.24.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    It's working either way, and is much faster than 2.24.
    Currently not on Australian fords which is what "VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread" is about.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    TCM logging is something we are looking into. I don't have an ETA for it, but it is on my radar for sure.
    That would be superb. If only the ability to see which shift map the transmission is operating in would be handy so shift points can be adjusted.

Senior Tuner
    Currently not on Australian fords which is what "VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread" is about.
    My understanding was that 2.25 currently supports every PID that 2.24 currently supports and the "VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread" was to add addition PIDs and DMRs to the current support. So if you are currently using 2.24 to log, then 2.25 would have the same compliment of PIDs available to log. Even if you are just logging SAE PIDs, 2.25 has a way faster sampling rate, probably 2-3 times faster.

Obviously I don't have access to Aussie Fords so I don't know if this holds true, but this has been my experience on the US Fords and GMs to date.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding was that 2.25 currently supports every PID that 2.24 currently supports and the "VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread" was to add addition PIDs and DMRs to the current support. So if you are currently using 2.24 to log, then 2.25 would have the same compliment of PIDs available to log. Even if you are just logging SAE PIDs, 2.25 has a way faster sampling rate, probably 2-3 times faster.

Obviously I don't have access to Aussie Fords so I don't know if this holds true, but this has been my experience on the US Fords and GMs to date.
    For Australian fords (majority 6cyl turbo) to name the fundamental ones currently 2.25 does not log load. does not log KR (either does 2.24), in my case does not log wideband basically unusable for Australian ford data log tuning. This is why there are adverse comments about 2.25 it appears that the decision makers at HP Tuners now realise the issue and are addressing it.
    Whether it was a commercial ROI decision or they were just not aware of the situation for Australian fords I don't know, however as of now it has nowhere near the functionality of the US vehicle application.

For Australian fords (majority 6cyl turbo) to name the fundamental ones currently 2.25 does not log load. does not log KR (either does 2.24), in my case does not log wideband basically unusable for Australian ford data log tuning. This is why there are adverse comments about 2.25 it appears that the decision makers at HP Tuners now realise the issue and are addressing it.
    Whether it was a commercial ROI decision or they were just not aware of the situation for Australian fords I don't know, however as of now it has nowhere near the functionality of the US vehicle application.

Lack of man power. We can knock it out now.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Lack of man power. We can knock it out now.
    I can only imagine the pressure that has been on the HP Tuners team with this project obviously an extreme effort by all. I just hope soon we have a similar level of scanning ability the US customers have.

I can only imagine the pressure that has been on the HP Tuners team with this project obviously an extreme effort by all. I just hope soon we have a similar level of scanning ability the US customers have.
    That is the plan.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

2.25 Editor and Scanner supports everything 2.24 does, including anything we've added in the past year.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Keith, Is there an ETA on the Ngage for Aus Vehicles? Im very very keen to get my hands on one as it will make my E85/Pulp transitions much easier.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Keith, Is there an ETA on the Ngage for Aus Vehicles? Im very very keen to get my hands on one as it will make my E85/Pulp transitions much easier.
    The makers of the nGauge are working on it. No ETA.

DMR logging on a 2011 Falcon PCM went well today. You guys with FGs will have DMRs in a few days.

Advanced Tuner
    Guys, we need to start promoting this product more on our Ford Forums. There will be no excuse not to choose this product. Its not just guys doing their own tuning, but guys getting their cars tuned by a shop will benefit. Green guys may not have the ability to do a full tune but will have the ability to change small things like gear change settings to their own liking without going back to the tuner. Sct will no longer be relevant once they get it all done.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 01-04-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Eric
    Appreciate the updates, thanks.

The following OSIDs now have DMRs. I should have all the FG Falcon DMRs done by the end of this week.

Code:
    HAEJ2
    HAEK2
    HAEL3
    HAEM1
    HAEN5
    HAEQ1
    HAFDD
    HAFDF
    HAFDH
    HAFDJ
    HAFF9
    HAFFA
    HAFFB
    HAFG2
    HAFG4
    HAFH4
    HAFI3
    HAFJ1
    HAFJ2
    If you have a FG Falcon that uses on of these OSID's please test, and report any erroneous data. The DMR parameter IDs are as follows:

Code:
    2151 - Cam Angle
    2240 - Idle Adapt (STIT)
    2331 - Manifold Air Pressure
    2360 - Desired Boost
    2630 - Knock Retard
    2702 - Desired Brake Torque
    41111 - Trans Output Shaft RPM
    4120 - Trans Current Gear
    4311 - TCC Slip
    6319 - INJ. Pulse Width
    12700 - Torque Source
    14541 - TCC Applied
    15017 - Wastegate Duty Cycle
    18008 - Air Load (Hi Res)
    18009 - Boost Error
    18010 - MAP Per Airmass (Current)
    18011 - MAP at Zero Airmass (Current)
    19046 - Spark Source
    19047 - Fuel Source
    19049 - Idle Speed Source
    19050 - Throttle Angle Source
    19055 - Manifold Charge Temp
    19056 - Average Air Mass
    19057 - Engine Brake Torque
    19061 - MBT Advance
    19074 - Borderline Knock
    19075 - ETC Throttle Angle Error
    19075 - ETC Vacuum
    19079 - ETC Effective Throttle Area
    Last edited by Eric@HPTuners; 01-06-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Wow this is amazing. Will ba and bf models get this eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS View Post
    Wow this is amazing. Will ba and bf models get this eventually?
    Probably so.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    You will definitely do BF though right?....please? lol
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    I should hope so given how long we have been requesting/waiting for these DMR's for B Series.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6