Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread

Advanced Tuner
    HACCEH3 as well?

HACCKFB is lacking Knock sensor volts,WG Duty/Error and a few other bits and pieces inc the Airmass table logging.

Great update though, Well Done! Now if you could light a fire under E-Motion and get the Ngauge sorted you'll be miles ahead (apparently the NGauge Supports Sniper Tuning.?)
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    HACCEH3 as well?

HACCKFB is lacking Knock sensor volts,WG Duty/Error and a few other bits and pieces inc the Airmass table logging.

Great update though, Well Done! Now if you could light a fire under E-Motion and get the Ngauge sorted you'll be miles ahead (apparently the NGauge Supports Sniper Tuning.?)
    Knock Sensor voltage is not defined, but Knock Retard is. Use that.

Wastegate Duty Cycle should be working. Please send me the .upf file for your car that is located in the My Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles folder.

Someone else reported the MAP at Zero Airmass and MAP per Airmass not working. I'm investigating that now.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Email sent just now Eric. Thanks for the response.

EDIT-just deleted the >upf files and reinstalled today beta and WG DC is now working as is INJ PW and a few other Keys DMR's. Awesome work guys.
    Last edited by hiddeous; 01-08-2016 at 08:46 AM.

I discovered the MAP per Airmass and MAP at Zero Airmass values do populate, you have to move the decimal over a few places to get a reading. The numbers don't quite make sense though. I'm working through it though.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't realise all the items in the channel selection section actually work (at least all the ones I chose). I thought it was only the ones in blue that worked, but they go blue when you select them. Well done, having a ball. (I was so used to SCT listing a whole pile of items to log but only a few actually working)
    I used to measure pulsewidth with a multimeter connected to the injector. Now so simple.

Although you can calculate the switchover point (ms) for hi and lo slope, to be sure it would be good to have a flag so there are no doubts where you are. I would find this flag very helpfull with the way I dial in my injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Eric is there a defined limit for number of active parameters when logging?

Email sent just now Eric. Thanks for the response.

EDIT-just deleted the >upf files and reinstalled today beta and WG DC is now working as is INJ PW and a few other Keys DMR's. Awesome work guys.
    Excellent.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    I didn't realise all the items in the channel selection section actually work (at least all the ones I chose). I thought it was only the ones in blue that worked, but they go blue when you select them. Well done, having a ball. (I was so used to SCT listing a whole pile of items to log but only a few actually working)
    I used to measure pulsewidth with a multimeter connected to the injector. Now so simple.

Although you can calculate the switchover point (ms) for hi and lo slope, to be sure it would be good to have a flag so there are no doubts where you are. I would find this flag very helpfull with the way I dial in my injectors.
    I'm looking
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric is there a defined limit for number of active parameters when logging?
    You can log as many as you want. In the case of DMRs, you can only log a certain number in rapid packet mode. This is one of the reasons we give you the ability to control the update rate. Slow down things that don't need fast updates, such as ECT or IAT.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tested it out today on a FG2 turbo ZF

I like
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, a couple of questions about 2.25.2806 scanner

It has been indicated that this scanner is the fastest on the market, provided I am not doing something wrong it appears it is running at 10-11 fps which is not much better than 2.24 scanner tried adjusting the polling interval and it does not seem to work is this correct?

Also with early delco computers when polled they gave a packet of logged items/pids which came through at the same time therefore all lined up.

With the LS1 PCM's they were polled individually therefore did not line up with each other which required being aware of this when interpreting a log.

My question is do the Australian Ford PCM poll one of the time or in a packet?

Thanks
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Yortt, I have checked my logs and I am getting about 30 frames per second on my Territory (BF). Have checked and the data is changing in the 30 frames as well (export the data to an csv file and look at a DMR like cam angle).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Yortt, I have checked my logs and I am getting about 30 frames per second on my Territory (BF). Have checked and the data is changing in the 30 frames as well (export the data to an csv file and look at a DMR like cam angle).
    Darryl, Thanks for that, you are correct I checked it with the CSV file and I am seeing 63fps amazing when compared to the 2.24 version. All I have to do now is to be able to log a wideband with 2.25.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Eric, a couple of questions about 2.25.2806 scanner

It has been indicated that this scanner is the fastest on the market, provided I am not doing something wrong it appears it is running at 10-11 fps which is not much better than 2.24 scanner tried adjusting the polling interval and it does not seem to work is this correct?

Also with early delco computers when polled they gave a packet of logged items/pids which came through at the same time therefore all lined up.

With the LS1 PCM's they were polled individually therefore did not line up with each other which required being aware of this when interpreting a log.

My question is do the Australian Ford PCM poll one of the time or in a packet?

Thanks
    It appears the polling process is the same as LS1's with substantially improved accuracy because of the increased frame rate.

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone know what the expected wait time is to have 2.25 re-instated on the log in page?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Does anyone know what the expected wait time is to have 2.25 re-instated on the log in page?
    It took a couple of weeks around New Years to get mine back up. If it has been longer, you may need to shoot another. They sometimes end up in the spam folder.

AUX inputs and custom PIDs are fully supported with 2.25 now. The 2.25 Scanner thread in the Support section of the main forum has a lot of good information on many of the new features that 2.25 Scanner has to offer and how to set them up.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    It's usually overnight/within 2 days for me.

Advanced Tuner
    ElecTech and hiddeous thanks for the response. I requested it last Wednesday and followed up with another request yesterday I guess they are busy.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you email the support email address. Overnight for me a few days ago, it gets lost if you email the guys directly.

Its pretty good, make sure you comment on the Ford Forums about it.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I emailed the support address on both occassions.