Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread

Advanced Tuner
    Gents who have the latest 2.25 working. Do you have the ability to log torque source, spark source, throttle source etc? And has anyone got an mtx-l working correctly to log lambda? Wideband worked fine in 2.24
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Haven't tried to log torque source, spark source, throttle source etc.

I cannot get my motec wideband working HP tuners could not help because I am using a custom configuration, the wideband worked fine in 2.24 . I also have an innovate LC1 wideband which is listed in the layout but not in the config file so unable to use that.

With 2.5 I am currently reading the motec wideband output voltage and a calculated hand written conversion chart to get AFR.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Haven't tried to log torque source, spark source, throttle source etc.

I cannot get my motec wideband working HP tuners could not help because I am using a custom configuration, the wideband worked fine in 2.24 . I also have an innovate LC1 wideband which is listed in the layout but not in the config file so unable to use that.

With 2.5 I am currently reading the motec wideband output voltage and a calculated hand written conversion chart to get AFR.
    What version are you using?

Advanced Tuner
    I imagine my innovate MTX-L would be quite similar to it. But I don't know how to account for ground offsets as we did in the old scanner with the equation. I would say the biggest issues is my lack of experience with the new scanner. I am liking the histograms though. Never had that luxury tuning the dirty old wheel barrow until now..
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    What version are you using?
    2.25.2806 which I managed to get a copy of (not from my log in page) I am waiting for the Beta copy to appear on my log in page to make sure I have the latest version.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    I imagine my innovate MTX-L would be quite similar to it. But I don't know how to account for ground offsets as we did in the old scanner with the equation. I would say the biggest issues is my lack of experience with the new scanner. I am liking the histograms though. Never had that luxury tuning the dirty old wheel barrow until now..
    Yes dissapointing it does not maintain the 2.24 function
    The histograms would be good unfortunately they are not working in my beta copy 2.25.2806

Advanced Tuner
    spark source definately works. Came up with base, borderline and some other tags. Not checked if they are taged correctly tho. Pretty sure torque source was working also. I just had a quick play with it.

Advanced Tuner
    You will see decel (18), idle (9), borderline (2) and base / MBT (1) on a warm normal operation.

Advanced Tuner
    A step in the right direction, got my wideband woking in the 2.25 scanner, add me on facebook yortt (michael welsh) and i'll send you a video on how i set it up. I still can't change the labels exactly correct but it reads as it should using my old equation from 2.24. I'm computer retarded so will ne a sinch for you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    I have it working for my AEM wideband and ended up with an equation of V/0.5 + 9.34 so it can be done. Maybe I don't understand the process as the method I used must be wrong as no one would define it that way, absolute PITA.

Roughly I added an MPVI input, then assigned it to an AEM wideband (right click on the MPVI enrty to change) and somehow was able to go into user defined and alter the equation so it is doable.

It is also nice that we can add digits so now my Injector PW is a few decimal places. Graphs are pretty good, have updated axis so it matches the SD table entries. Remaining issues for me are the MAP at Zero and MAP per Airmass are 0.0 and the Average Airmass is not showing the correct number. My car idle shows 0.77lb/min, SCT has AIR_Charge at 0.0004lb.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    I have it working for my AEM wideband and ended up with an equation of V/0.5 + 9.34 so it can be done. Maybe I don't understand the process as the method I used must be wrong as no one would define it that way, absolute PITA.

Roughly I added an MPVI input, then assigned it to an AEM wideband (right click on the MPVI enrty to change) and somehow was able to go into user defined and alter the equation so it is doable.

It is also nice that we can add digits so now my Injector PW is a few decimal places. Graphs are pretty good, have updated axis so it matches the SD table entries. Remaining issues for me are the MAP at Zero and MAP per Airmass are 0.0 and the Average Airmass is not showing the correct number. My car idle shows 0.77lb/min, SCT has AIR_Charge at 0.0004lb.
    DarrylC

Well done! If I understand correctly I should be able to do this with my Motec wideband however support told me it could not currently be done. I will try tomorrow.

Thanks for your post

Advanced Tuner
    Darryl you know air charge is lb mass per intake stroke yeah? SCT can log both lb/min and lb/intake stroke. Apologies if you already know.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    DarrylC

Well done! If I understand correctly I should be able to do this with my Motec wideband however support told me it could not currently be done. I will try tomorrow.

Thanks for your post
    Select "Add a Channel" and at the bottom of the channel list is an "MPVI folder"

Add the MPVI channel desired to the channel list

Right click the MPVI channel you just added and select "Transform" this will open up another screen that allows you to apply the pre-defined transforms (equation) for the most popular widebands in Lambda and AFR, and some pressure sensors or you can create a user defined transform.

All of this info is in the Main Scanner thread OUTSIDE of the Aussi or Ford forum. If you post in the main thread some common sensor transforms you want added, Keith has been quick to add them in.

Finally, if you are missing PIDs that Eric is adding, go to "Vehicle" menu and select "Repoll for Supported Parameters" otherwise, the scanner works off of the last acquired PID list even if you update your beta.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Darryl you know air charge is lb mass per intake stroke yeah? SCT can log both lb/min and lb/intake stroke. Apologies if you already know.
    I8HTOADS, thanks for that and I did cycle through the units on the scanner to see if I could get something I could transform into the correct SCT displayed value. Preferably I need an Fuel Mass/Airmass value displayed along with accurate fuel trims (commanded Lambda is better) and injector pulse width. Once I have these then I can work out the injector Slopes and Offset. I seem to be doing this a lot lately when my mechanic is playing with the LPG configuration to get the flow up

Has anyone checked Wastegate Duty Cycle or Knock Retard? I will be needing both when I change the rear housing on the turbo and possibly the turbo as well.
    Last edited by DarrylC; 01-14-2016 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Fail to add other better values

Advanced Tuner
    Electech,

That is pretty much how i got my Innovate MTX-L working, I just had to define it as the Innovate LM-2 before it would let me update the equation. Mine carried over from 2.24 using (V/4.9) + .49 The linear equation published for the MTX-L is actually (v/4.9) + .50 but adjusted mine as the car must have some ground offset. So just tweaked the equation so the scanner value matches the gauge display of the mtx-l in the car.
    I'll ask Keith, but the setup should just be able to be duplicated from the LM-2 for MTX-L in the headings then all should be sweet.
    Last edited by 45T-XR; 01-14-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Select "Add a Channel" and at the bottom of the channel list is an "MPVI folder"

Add the MPVI channel desired to the channel list

Right click the MPVI channel you just added and select "Transform" this will open up another screen that allows you to apply the pre-defined transforms (equation) for the most popular widebands in Lambda and AFR, and some pressure sensors or you can create a user defined transform.

All of this info is in the Main Scanner thread OUTSIDE of the Aussi or Ford forum. If you post in the main thread some common sensor transforms you want added, Keith has been quick to add them in.

Finally, if you are missing PIDs that Eric is adding, go to "Vehicle" menu and select "Repoll for Supported Parameters" otherwise, the scanner works off of the last acquired PID list even if you update your beta.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Advanced Tuner
    Have had a bit of play with the new scanner and for the BF at least things like Knock Retard, Wastegate DC and Injector Pulse width are working. For the first time I have seen Knock Retard showing up but now it is there when the Spark Source shows things like Tipin Detonation Ctrl/Torque Control. Shows 0 when logged with SCT, I am actually getting some values around -0.75 on the Borderline table so worth investigating.

Having labels instead of numbers on things like Spark Source/Fuel Source is really good and makes life much easier.

Graphs are awesome, really useful when you start changing what is graphed. Did one for Wastegate vs rpm vs MAP which pointed to some changes I needed to do.

I can't seem to keep the changes I make to the charts

Export silently truncates data

MAP per Airmass and Map at Zero Airmass not working, Airmass wrong value (wrong DMR?)

Won't be long before I throw away the XCAL2
    Last edited by DarrylC; 01-16-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Advanced Tuner
    Labels for the torque source sucks because you can't graph them and see where the numbers change.

Advanced Tuner
    IH8TOADS, that is a great idea. I checked and they can't be changed so unless HPT changes it, ...

Just waiting to see if Keith will fix the export function so that it does not remove data accuracy. Everything seems to be limited to 2 decimal places which is OK for most things but a poor decision for people who want to go over the data with something else.

Advanced Tuner
    Definitely need that decimal place issue resolved.

The map per airmass and map at zero airmass didn't work for a friend on his FG either.

Would be cool to have this working for BA's as SCT Livelink connection can be painful if the sun/moon/stars/etc don't align just right.