Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Labels for the torque source sucks because you can't graph them and see where the numbers change.
    Good point. I'll see what I can do about it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, any chance of getting the current beta 2.25 reinstated on my log in page?
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Please feel free to email me any stage and ill get you the latest beta.

[email protected]

Tuner
    Had a play with the scanner on a BF.. Very helpful information, KR is good, I too was seeing a lot of 0.6-0.75, is this over sensitive sensors or actual knock? Was only commanding 9* @20psi pump98 built motor

Also map per airmass and map zero airmass wasn't showing a value

Lm-2 connected successfully

Advanced Tuner
    At 20psi I would expect some knock with 9 degrees on a ZF Barra at around peak VE on 98ron. That's values is fine. You should see what a stock BA calibration will pull when you up the boost.

I'm assuming HP have used the DMR for the average knock retard. There is also knock retard per cylinder so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    At 20psi I would expect some knock with 9 degrees on a ZF Barra at around peak VE on 98ron. That's values is fine. You should see what a stock BA calibration will pull when you up the boost.

I'm assuming HP have used the DMR for the average knock retard. There is also knock retard per cylinder so keep that in mind.
    Correct. It is using the average retard DMR.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

MAP Per Airmass and MAP at Zero Airmass do not currently work and I am aware of it. I will have it fixed soon enough.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    Had a play with the scanner on a BF.. Very helpful information, KR is good, I too was seeing a lot of 0.6-0.75, is this over sensitive sensors or actual knock? Was only commanding 9* @20psi pump98 built motor

Also map per airmass and map zero airmass wasn't showing a value

Lm-2 connected successfully
    I had the same result on an FG over a range of 8psi to 14psi..... 16deg to 9deg... and... 3400 to 5900rpm with a consistent unbroken .2 deg knock retard over this rpm band not consistent with knock. I also considered it might be over sensitive knock sensors, more testing required.
    Last edited by Yortt; 01-18-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    That's fine just leave it as is. If you're getting noticeable dips and additions in a graph of spark vs RPM then you can manipulate the calibration if you know it's false knock.

Advanced Tuner
    There was no dips and additions only a consistent .2 degree retard from 3500 to 5900 not what you would see with knock, interesting to see others have experienced similar knock retard activity.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    MAP Per Airmass and MAP at Zero Airmass do not currently work and I am aware of it. I will have it fixed soon enough.
    Eric the LTIT tables on mine weren't working either as of last night.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a knock box or similar to actually definitely check one way or the other?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Do you have a knock box or similar to actually definitely check one way or the other?
    "knock box or similar to actually definitely check one way or the other" that's a lot of faith in aftermarket knock detection systems! no I have not used an alternate system to check.
    I am using F6 settings which are different to XR6T settings, there in may lie the problem, more changes and logging required.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are chasing a whole 0.2 degrees you are absolutely wasting your time.

Advanced Tuner
    I went for a thrash with stock FG timing maps at 15psi. Was seeing 2 to 4 degrees retard on various parts of the map with the KR datalogging. So the stock high load/high rev map advance were on average 12deg and looks like pulling to down to 9 deg. However I was expecting it to pull large chunks of timing as when I datalogged with SCT I thought it was pulling close to zero deg at times which I didnt see much of with the Hp datalogging. Only played with it a little tho.

Advanced Tuner
    It's not a matter of chasing .2 degress which i agree with you on its a matter of identifying an abnormal reading.

Hi, is there any chance of adding the "Export Log File" shortcut to the Beta toolbar like in 2.24?

TB.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    More testing and Keith has fixed the export so now we have what the DMR is reporting (lots of decimal places).

Remaining issues
    1. Map per Airmass seems to be 1/(Map per Airmass) as show in the SD tables. Eric needs to remove the units of inHg from this entry as it should be something along the lines of inHg/lb.
    2. Map at Zero Airmass has numbers but very close to zero (slightly negative).
    3. Still stuck on what Average Airmass is but it is varying like you would expect so might be able to map in back to the correct unit.
    4. Still no way of getting the Spark/Torque source as a number instead of a label.

Some ideas I have that might be helpful.
    1. Before you change a graph it might be a good idea to clone it. It can be a bit tricky getting something like Spark advance back after you change the axis to Load instead of MAP
    2. If the graph does not update after a change, close and reopen the program. Sometimes this is needed for the graphs to work again.
    3. Update the axis to reflect what the tables show in the tune
    4. Nice things to add are spark retard versus load. Get a pretty quick idea of where knock is occuring.
    5. Wastegate DC is another good table to add
    6. Quick sanity check of your fuel can be had by mapping the LTFT on a RPM vs Cam Angle axis. Also a very quick way to clean up the SD tables, but you need to get the data populated before you log.

I must admit that having the spark source has been very informative. I learnt that flattening out the MBT/BLK table does not deliver what you expect at low load. By logging MBT/BLK/source and advance you can get a pretty quick picture of the calculated value and hence which table will be used.

The new scanner is extremely impressive and really easy to setup and get working. Nothing like the pernickety Livelink 6.5. When Eric can resolve the few DMRs that aren't working I will turf the old XCAL

Quote Originally Posted by YoloTuner View Post
    Hi, is there any chance of adding the "Export Log File" shortcut to the Beta toolbar like in 2.24?

Not likely.

I don't want to over crown the toolbars with buttons less frequently used.

The scanner is already overwhelming at first glance. I want to do what we can to keep it powerful, but also decrease the intimidation factor.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone tell me what the latest version of the 2.25 scanner is please?
    Thanks in advance.