Thread: Inherited a car with knock sensors turned off. Need Help Please

Inherited a car with knock sensors turned off. Need Help Please

Hi Everyone

So I've inherited the job of tuning dads car from his previous tuner. Long story. But from what I can see in the logs, there is no knock even though I swear I can hear it when I'm driving.

I'm sort of new to tuning but I'm cluey bloke. I've tuned the idle nice so far. Starts perfectly for both cold and hot and doesn't flare up at all during the initial few revs.

The car is a HSV WH Grange with an LS1 GEN III. It has decent cam in it.

Is there any change anyone can help me and tell me if the knock sensors are enabled?

Thank you for your time.

JUVEFC-0028.hpt
    Last edited by PHLTHS; 12-30-2015 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Engine Type
    HSV W427

Senior Tuner
    The codes for the knock sensors are disabled, and the knock retard tables are all set to 0...the knock sensor level tables (amount that much be exceeded to consider it knocking and then pull timing) look normal...so if there are knock sensors, they're just not pulling any timing because the retard tables are set to 0. The knock retard attack tables are also all basically shut off.

I'd grab a stock tune for that car (I don't have one to give you sorry) and put all the knock retard stuff back...I also think 26 degrees of timing, which not nuts, is a lot...and the target AFR at full throttle is 12.8...again, not nuts, but not much fuel for 26+ degrees of timing.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    The codes for the knock sensors are disabled, and the knock retard tables are all set to 0...the knock sensor level tables (amount that much be exceeded to consider it knocking and then pull timing) look normal...so if there are knock sensors, they're just not pulling any timing because the retard tables are set to 0. The knock retard attack tables are also all basically shut off.

I'd grab a stock tune for that car (I don't have one to give you sorry) and put all the knock retard stuff back...I also think 26 degrees of timing, which not nuts, is a lot...and the target AFR at full throttle is 12.8...again, not nuts, but not much fuel for 26+ degrees of timing.
    Wow thanks Mike for your help. I'll do just that. I do appreciate your help champ.

Cheers.
    HSV W427

Lucky I enabled them Mike. up to 14 Degrees of KR....
    Last edited by PHLTHS; 01-02-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    HSV W427