Thread: Can someone explain shift pattern type on gen v

Potential Tuner

Can someone explain shift pattern type on gen v

I have a 2016 Tahoe under shift general it has pattern A with normal and pattern B as trailer. Under shift scheduling there is normal, pattern A and pattern B plus some others. Which one would I use for shifter in drive and which one is trailer? Ive searched and can?t find what I?m looking for. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    This is typically something you can log.. Then you can figure out if its tow haul, etc.

They aren't all the same.. Some use pattern B for drive for instance.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Do you typically change anything with shift general with the drop downs for normal or trailer, and just modify the shift schedule part of either normal or whatever pattern it?s using? Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I don't change the drop downs. I change the pattern I'm looking to change.

If I wasn't clear in the previous post.. when you log the pid "shift pattern type" or something along those lines. it will tell you Pattern B, A, etc.. you can then see how it changes when you go to drive, sport, manual, etc.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs